Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New rig, any good?

Options
  • 10-03-2005 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

here is my new rig i have been working on for the past 2 days.....havnt spent much time on it within those days but its coming on anyway.

was going to post in the mod thread but its just not finished and need advice!

going to upload a pic of it in the dark...would look better!

So tell me what u think? :cool:

f4c63ede.jpg

54710c3a.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Not bad, where's the case?? :D

What are the fans (brand,model)? If you sleeve the cables it will look MUCH better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭DirtyHarry

fans are coolermaster silent fans.....3 blue, 1 red and 1 white (thats coming from pc-look.com) iv 2 blue, 2 red and 2 white cold cathodes going in there too! its going to be crammed! i havnt even started to tie up the cables or sleeve them or anything....just got it up and running! :D

specs are......

AMD 64 3500+ Winny
    Thermalright XP-120
    Chaintech VNF4/Ultra
    Corsair XMS Pro PC3200 CL2 1Gig
    MSI Radeon X800 PRO PCI-E
    Maxtor 200gb SATA NQ
    NEC 16x DVD/RW DL
    Sony DAV-S400 5.1 Speakers
    Samsung 172v 17" LCD
    AC Ryan Acrylic Case -Clear-

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's nice, real nice, but the cable need to be sleeved to pull off the clear case look to be honest.

if you're going to have a clear case it has to be as tidy as possible.

but otherwise good job and nice machine

ah i will sleeve everything...just dont have time since building it...the case is a challenge to use....you have to think well before you build to make sure things get screwed in from both sides....as both panels come off.....so mobo is on one side....all needs to be removed! :)

Still it is looking good!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

have the exact same case on my unix box, nice case but a dog of a thing to do anything with i.e. have you tried to put another hard drive in it after you built it(just look at all the panels you have to remove to do that).

Nice spec though:D

yeah it tough alrite to put new items in....ill be doing that a few times again...got loads of modding stuff to put in and another HD......getting my colour scheme to work is tough tho!

the french flag colours! blue - white - red!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

how do you keep a case like that dust free inside?? Does it not loook horrible after awhile, inside, with all the dust, I would recommend some dust filters for the fans

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Looks pretty sweet but the psu is really ruining the look of the case. Something like the x-connect would have been really nice but with proper sleaving it will be alright.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Far too many fans :)

• Advertisement

qwertz wrote:
    Far too many fans :)

they hardly make any noise!! CoolerMaster silent fans!! pricey but good!

I picked up some sleeve modding plastic stuff and will use that to tidy up...but i stress that my rig is only 2 days old....and iv very little time on my hands to actually do stuff! so im doing the best i can.....

any more advice tho? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

DirtyHarry wrote:
    any more advice tho? :)

Stop wasting time here and get to work on it!!

*exits boards*

What would be really cool is if there were transparent cd/dvd-burners and hard disks. I don't know if that would be technically possible because of the laser inside the cd/dvd-drives but it should work with the hard disks.

qwertz wrote:
    What would be really cool is if there were transparent cd/dvd-burners and hard disks. I don't know if that would be technically possible because of the laser inside the cd/dvd-drives but it should work with the hard disks.

Nope it won’t work on the hard disks because there a sealed unit if opened it might not work, the unit its is air tight for a reason(read write heads run so close to the disk that tiny pieces of dust can cause it to crash)

jessy wrote:
    Nope it won’t work on the hard disks because there a sealed unit if opened it might not work, the unit its is air tight for a reason(read write heads run so close to the disk that tiny pieces of dust can cause it to crash)

but if they were built from the factory using some transparent material it would work, no???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

u can never have enough fans! nice job just make it a bit tidier :) well done

gline wrote:
    but if they were built from the factory using some transparent material it would work, no???
    it would, but there would be more noise out of it.

jessy wrote:
    it would, but there would be more noise out of it.

How??? depends what materials they used

That's what I meant, wasn't clear enough. I guess the noise could be reduced if they invent/discover transparent metal :)
    gline wrote:

• Advertisement

qwertz wrote:
    That's what I meant, wasn't clear enough. I guess the noise could be reduced if they invent/discover transparent metal :)

Lol, wouldnt a strong plastic be good enuf????

Yeah, some ultra-super-duper-heatresistent and noiseproof plastic. I'll be off now, have to run to the patent office...

Advertisement