Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Basic & Databases

Options
  • 11-03-2005 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to make a simply reminder program, possibly with a calender in it.

I'm used to PHP/MYSQL on the web and tables in a database are dam useful and pretty easy to manage.

I'm looking for a simple way to sort out Visual basic and a simple database with one table in it.

The database just needs to be stored in a file which sits in the same folder as my program.

I'm trying to find a nice simple way to set this up.

Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

If you're using classic VB (vb6) then look up tutorials on ADO, if it's vb.net you'll need ADO.Net. VB code isn't hard to learn, specially as you've coded before and your db requirements are about as simple as it gets. ADO(.net) will teach you how to connect to the db and manipulate the data within.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Sorry, yeh. it's standard VB6. So I'll look up a couple of tutorials on ADO later on and see what I find. As you say, what I'm doing is pretty simple... I just need some sort of foothold to get started.

Evil Phil wrote:
    If you're using classic VB (vb6) then look up tutorials on ADO, if it's vb.net you'll need ADO.Net. VB code isn't hard to learn, specially as you've coded before and your db requirements are about as simple as it gets. ADO(.net) will teach you how to connect to the db and manipulate the data within.
    Googling that I seem to be getting various licensing and purchasing options :S

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

email me (info at kbannon dot com) - I may have tutorials for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭osmethod

Check Google Groups .... very good info...

http://groups.google.ie/groups?hl=en&lr=&group=comp.lang.basic.visual

osmethod

• Advertisement

I emailed you k...

osmethod, will take a look, cheers :P

Advertisement