Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Nintendo DS LAN?

Options
  • 11-03-2005 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

Well, as the gamers on here know, the Nintendo DS is coming out tomorrow. And some of us are lucky enough to already have one. :) So I says to myself, how better to test the wireless multiplayer than a LAN in UCD when we come back?
    Anyone who'd be interested post here. Games would be Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt and Super Mario 64 DS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I'm game. (Touch me to find out.... :) ) I'll bring along Polarium, a fun puzzle game that allows for download play.

I suggest the Science Canteen. It will be empty (or almost empty) in the evening, it's near vending machines (and a shop that closes at 6pm). It has seats for lots of people.

Time/Date suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,391 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Well, as the gamers on here know, the Nintendo DS is coming out tomorrow. And some of us are lucky enough to already have one. :) So I says to myself, how better to test the wireless multiplayer than a LAN in UCD when we come back?
    Anyone who'd be interested post here. Games would be Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt and Super Mario 64 DS.
    no not tomorrow the ds was out today the friday the 11th

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

snoopdog wrote:
    no not tomorrow the ds was out today the friday the 11th
    You obviously didn't seem to notice that I made the original post on the 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

how much does one of these babys cost?alot i presume...is it worth it anyone who has one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

besty wrote:
    how much does one of these babys cost?alot i presume...is it worth it anyone who has one?

€149.99 which I don't think is too bad really, and it's definatly worth getting one. I imported from the US before it came out here and it came with a demo of Metroid Prime: Hunters, and I bought Super Mario 64 DS with it, which is great and a very big game. I picked up Wario Ware: Touched yesterday at the EU launch and although short, it's lots of fun and just as mad as the GBA Wario Ware.

Wario Ware: Touched doesn't have multiplayer, but Super Mario 64 DS has up to 4 player, and PictoChat (A built in chat system where you can draw as well as just use text, comes on every system) supports up to 16 people in each chatroom (There's 4 of them). There's potential for up to 16 player games in the future. The range is said to be up to 30m.

Nintendo announced this week at the Game Developers Conference that the DS will go online by the end of the year, and that the service will be free. It's also heavily rumoured their next console (Codenamed 'Revolution') will be WiFi enabled also, so maybe it could be used as router to get your DS online if you don't have wireless internet already. Eitherway, there will be connectivity of some kind with Nintendo's next console.

The DS is backwards compatible with all Game Boy Advance games (But not GB or GBC) so there's a huge back library of great games there already that can be played on it. The DS games are selling at €44.99 in GAME Dawson Street at the moment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement