Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elections

• 11-03-2005 12:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭

How many people here actually voted? i voted meself. not gonna say who coz i cant remember their names! hehe

actually, i was talkin to one of the candidates and they were complainin about the 3 people running together for president, vice-p and some other yoke! they were complainin coz the bloke runnin for prez was the captain of the soccer team, and the other yoke was captain of the hurley team with ur one maeve runnin for vice-p, so this person i was talkin to figured that coz they had their three names on a flyer ("Elect this perfect team" :rolleyes: ) together, they would all get the votes of all the soccer ppl, all the hurling ppl and whoever is gonna vote for maeve, rather than get it because they were the best wo/man for the job.

also, did anyone see the candidates speeches this year? i missed them. barely knew who any of the candidates were.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

i didnt vote,
    i looked through the blurb and only saw one person in it for each position, except deputy president. so i didnt bother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

well u had the choice to vote for the sole candidate or re-open nominations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

It was all pretty one sided, it wastn't really worth voting for, except for the Deputy President, that was suprisingly close, Podge lost by ony 60 votes.

MAD, i thought it would have landslided against him

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I heard 61 people voted

• Advertisement

not surprised podge lost. i only found out who he was (though i still dont know who the other bloke is) after i voted coz he comes up to me in the LRC and gave me a piece of paper sayin vote for him and that 2/3 of the college are smokers. he said hes gonna make special areas for u smokin backstards. dont think thats fair tbh.

he wants a smokin room, what a waste of funds and office space.
    theres plenty of sheltered area to smoke outside that entrance to aib

ye steve he wanted to do up them gardens in the middle of the "C" block coz they were too run down, then he was gona let all the smokers colonize them. sure they have the one by the SU office already.
    apparently his justification was that 2/3 of the college are smokers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

The_B_Man wrote:
    apparently his justification was that 2/3 of the college are smokers.

anyone ever remember doing a survey about this?? Eh no.

1456 ppl in the college did the survey.

see, i can make up numbers too! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement