Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless setup

• 11-03-2005 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

i just got a linksys wrt54gs broadband router to use with my iol prestige modem. i have a few questions :

1. the link comes with a blue eternet cable and my iol modem has a red one .. as i only need one cable to connect them which one do i use? ps. neither are connected to my pc they are downstairs.

2. i have set my iol modem to bridge(changed no other setting)(it was set to router) and changed my linksys from dchp to pppoe and entered my name and password for iol. is this correct?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭calis

ps. i can no longer enter the setup of my iol modem as i think because it is set to bridge? is this normal??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 eoin4real

heay calis. I have thee same setup and i cant connect to my iol modem. My Wrt54gs setup says im connected to the internet but i cant surf or connect to anything online. Does this setup work for you? any help appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

I just set up the same router but connected to a netopia dsl modem. Had a hard time getting it working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Calis, I have the same hardware. Everything you've done sounds right. I just copied all the settings from my modem to router, set the modem to bridge and it worked fine.
    Either cable should work fom the lan port on the modem to one of the lan ports on the router.
    Not being able to access the modem setup any longer is normal.

Advertisement