Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcturus

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭slssprite

I love arcturus.
    I love that early arcturus. My Angel and Asopera... are impressive (Du Nordavind is best song ever)
    I love this arcturus with its eccentricity. The new album is pretty good. Just a bit dissapointed there is no black anymore.
    And by the way their last show in oslo was amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

it was an amazing show,got great pics too.

saw em in the underworld too, nice intimate venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Finally got their new album the other day, and I honestly have to say... It's a bit ****. :(

I'd count La Masquerade Infernale up there with Cynic's "Focus" for it's sheer originality and ingenuity, but Sideshow Symphonies just sounds, limp, uninteresting, dull... Crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I couldn't get into the two tunes on their website you showed me. I just don't get them at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Doctor J wrote:
    I couldn't get into the two tunes on their website you showed me. I just don't get them at all.

Yeah, they're a bit out there alright. The Chaos Path is like listening to pure madness. Phenominal stuff, but if you don't get it, what can I say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Yeah, they're a bit out there alright. The Chaos Path is like listening to pure madness. Phenominal stuff, but if you don't get it, what can I say?
    Best on it is Throne of Tragedy imo, unbelievable song, but yea, the album is fairly 'out there' to say the least, most people I have played it to just looked at me funny, their loss I spose :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Finally got their new album the other day, and I honestly have to say... It's a bit ****. :(

I'd count La Masquerade Infernale up there with Cynic's "Focus" for it's sheer originality and ingenuity, but Sideshow Symphonies just sounds, limp, uninteresting, dull... Crap.

Aw :(

I've been listening to some of their earlier songs of late and I must say that they are amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I've been listening to La Masquerade Infernale constantly for the past week. Interspersed with Cynic's Focus.

Thank you again for the recommendations :)

Now I just have to go about converting people to them. Already have simu listening to them as you can see above :D

Though I must disagree with you and say "Painting my Horror" is my favourite track off the album.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nesf has converted somebody else,great stuff!
    Painting my horror and La Masquerade Infernale are two that pop out at me at the moment.Off to get some more I go.

Advertisement