Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone get the ds at midnoght launch?

Options
  • 11-03-2005 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

who got their DS at midnight? i did and im well pissed off caues now i have to return it case of a pxy dead pixel!!!! GRRRR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

whats it like, besides that !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well i got wario ware with it and it is very good but i found out it doesnt have wireless multiplayer which seems a bit stupid. just a high score game really. bit of fun but i think i shouldve gotten mario.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

How many dead pixels you get?

just the one on the touch screen. its already annoying me so im goin in in a few minutes for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm still trying to decide on what game I get when I go to pick one up this evening. Wario Ware or Polarium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Polarium is good, but very dry (there is no graphical variety at all, but the game will last you ages if you stick at it. If you like using your brain (!), then go for it!)

Warioware is alot of fun, but you'll finish the main game in 2 hours. You'll see all the minigames in hour 3, and you'll see everything the game has to offer in under 6 hours. But you'll have alot of fun doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I got mine!!!!

3months ago, it will be while before there are any new great games on it.

Ive got Mario and xx/xy as well as a bunch of advance roms

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think I might pick up Rayman DS and Atari Classics.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Was thinking of going in and getting Wario Ware and Project Rub...but I'm not sure...both got 7/10 on EG, both seem to be very short.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Why on earth would anybody buy Wario over MarioDS?
    Mario is THE game to buy with the system, it should be packed in!
    Deary Deary Me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

You wont get a new system for one dead pixel. It has to be a few of them in close proximity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Are you sure, NoA and NoJ replaced all DS's with just one faulty pixel.

If you're right that's just ****!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's also wrong since you could argue that its not fit for its intended purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Mario, dont forget it has loads of mini games.

i got wario ware. got my DS replaced. i had an idea the dead pixel wasnt the only problem, the touch screens was very loose and if you looked at an angle you could see it dipped in when pressedon. my new one doesnt do that. im happy! lots to do in wario ware. will get mario next week when i get paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

got one today aswel and noticed it has a dead pixel :(

they better take it back, cause i didnt just pay €190 for something which isnt 100% perfect!

How good is metroid? great use of the touch screen. Mario is good so far!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

€190???

They're €149 in Harvey Norman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Polarium is great fun in Versus mode! Gotta love the single cartridge feature!

I would say both Wario AND Mario are must gets. Maybe Mario first, but ya gotta get both :-D

Bard wrote:
    €190???

They're €149 in Harvey Norman.

i got DS, Mario64, Acessory pack (case, ear phones, charger etc) and Fifa Street for €190! I was quoting overall purchase price!

• Advertisement

a pixel which is stuck on white or black, doesnt change colour.

theres also 'lazy pixel' which is a pixel stuck on a color (green, red, blue etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Linkdude

A Pixel that sticks on one colour (black or white, or some sort of grey), and doesn't change. Isn't eye pleasing.

My one is fine, I got Mario 64 DS with it, and it's a load of fun, but nobody I know has one yet, so I can't play multiplayer.I'm trying to convince my friends to get one.

They lowered the price in Smyths, from €165 to the RRP of €150. I was suprsied, I've got a bit of money left now. I still need €25 for another game though, can't wait for Mario Kart DS. It's an awesome console, glad I got it.

i notice mine when im playing games, and not in the menu. generaly u only see them when the screen is all white or all black, but cos my 'lazy pixel' is a horrible green colour i see it all the time!

nope, only noticed when i got home. i'll bring it back in tomorrow! hopefully they dont class the screens as they do with TFT monitors

ok well then mine was a "lazy" pixel too. it was green as well! bring it back. its faulty. you just paid good money for a faulty machine. youre entitled to it!
    as i think i said before, my screen was fcuked too. just was real loose.

i bought it in gamestop, and saw their refund policy, something like 'once its in saleable condition'...it was sold to me this way...so i'll package it back up incase they do have any problems with exchanging it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Jammer wrote:
    i bought it in gamestop, and saw their refund policy, something like 'once its in saleable condition'...it was sold to me this way...so i'll package it back up incase they do have any problems with exchanging it.
    Thats for non-faluty refunds. They have to repair/replace/refund the DS as it was broken when sold. Thats your rights in law.

Advertisement