Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone get the ds at midnoght launch?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Rew wrote:
    Thats for non-faluty refunds. They have to repair/replace/refund the DS as it was broken when sold. Thats your rights in law.

Just so you know, that's not always the case. It's just nintendo being nice. Typically (with a laptop, or whatever), the manufacturers have a disclaimer that says that because of the way LCD screens are made, they often end up with faulty pixels, and that this is normal, and does not indicate a fault. Hence you have no legal rights to a replacement.

My laptop has one pixel stuck on blue, but i rarely notice (usually only on a black screen), and it doesn't bother me. But on a DS screen, there are only 4,864 pixels, so one bad pixel shows up much worse than on a laptop screen with 1.3 million pixels, so it's a good thing nintendo are obliging.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

It definatley sounds like a stuck pixel. Is it always white no matter what colour is on the screen?

Bring it back if you want, You don't have any right to a replacment. But they might give you one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/ds/trouble_spot.jsp

Check out the real deal, before making assumptions everyone :D

Also see here...

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000507022865/

And many other places.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Balfa wrote:
    Just so you know, that's not always the case. It's just nintendo being nice. Typically (with a laptop, or whatever), the manufacturers have a disclaimer that says that because of the way LCD screens are made, they often end up with faulty pixels, and that this is normal, and does not indicate a fault. Hence you have no legal rights to a replacement.

My laptop has one pixel stuck on blue, but i rarely notice (usually only on a black screen), and it doesn't bother me. But on a DS screen, there are only 4,864 pixels, so one bad pixel shows up much worse than on a laptop screen with 1.3 million pixels, so it's a good thing nintendo are obliging.

I know the story with LCD's on Laptops etc. TBH you still within you rights to return it. The companies definiton of faulty does not effect your legal rights in Ireland. Sombody would have to go to court over it id say though, but it would be worth it to screw Dell etc.

Check out the real deal, before making assumptions everyone :D

Also see here...

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000507022865/

And many other places.

That was all in the US but id say they will follow suit here. Sombody has already gotten theirs replaced so this is all pretty academic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

look in nintendo manual, no disclaimer on the box or in writing in the leaflets/instructions so they have to repair or replace within warranty period. just about to head in now to change it. I'll test the new one there and then. 98% of the time if u dont have one straight away u wont get one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I wonder if Sony are going to be as nice about dead pixels as Nintendo ... doubt it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Wicknight wrote:
    I wonder if Sony are going to be as nice about dead pixels as Nintendo ... doubt it

From what I hear about their policy on monitors, cameras, televisions, etc. - they're not very nice about dead pixels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Linku wrote:
    From what I hear about their policy on monitors, cameras, televisions, etc. - they're not very nice about dead pixels

they changed it for me, no questions asked. said they'd only got two back since friday, so it would seem im just a bit unlucky!! They also say it didnt sell as well as they'd hoped it would.

Jammer wrote:
    they changed it for me, no questions asked. said they'd only got two back since friday, so it would seem im just a bit unlucky!! They also say it didnt sell as well as they'd hoped it would.
    Your DS? He's talking about PSP's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 baxterfly

i felt like a sap asking for a new DS coz of one pixel. but when the screen goes black it stands out and i dont think you will ever forget it. you should replace it the sooner the better. I asked the bloke in game when i bought it if anyone else had any similar problems. he said i was the first one.
    Unlikely

also did anyone see the kid at the launch in Game who bought two DS games and no console. I doubt he already had it from import, he didnt seem the type. i wonder was his story was.

Id say he had one prerelease. A few people here bought them for younger members of their family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Has anyone got the DS from xtravision, if so are they doing any juicy deals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I just spotted a dead pixel on mine, and i can't stop ****ing looking at it. Has anyone sent theirs back to nintendo, just wondering how long it takes. Don't know about bringing it back to gamestop 2 weeks after i bought it, if I get one of the less technically minded staff members they might think i made the pixel red and i'm trying to rip them off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

My DS has a dead pixel, got it back in December, got an e-mail back from Lik-Sang with a scan of a letter from Nintendo of Japan saying they *don't* change DS's with dead pixels, that's only in America. Dunno the story with Europe but Nintendo are fond of ignoring Europe in general...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

You can send it back to nintendo if you want, they will fix or replace the screen. Don't know how long you'd have to wait or anything though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement