Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lvl 11

Options
  • 11-03-2005 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

I dont' know what it is , but i can't seem to xp half as fast through this lvl....

Any of the quests i do just aren't giving me the gains i had been getting :(

Any ideas ?

Gamblor (Lvl 11 Rogue) (Warsong)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

What colour are the quests you're doing (in your Quest Log), and what lvl are the mobs you're killing?

The first few levels go quicker, it slows down after that. Each level you go up you need a different (ie more) amount of XP to get to the next level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Your leveling will get exponentially slower (literally) the higher level you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

I know that the xp per lvl is raised, i know it will get slower , but even with that it's mentally slow :(

The lvl of the mobs are about the same lvl as me , 1 lvl lower to 1 lvl higher.

Tbh i'd just prefer to find a decent size camp and xp there the old fashioned way.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Don't know of anyone who's playing and doing Rogue, so can't offer any tips but I guess just get into groups and quest lots.
    I did that up to about level 17, about 40% solo questing and 60% in a party.
    When I have rested bonus I go to a camp of some kinda and kill mobs around my level until I fill it. Usuaully.

Recently I've been power leveling (since weekend) and have shot up levels. I went from 18-27 since Sunday night. I'm on about 2 days and 12 hours play in total, Dwarf Hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Are you doing all the Quests Megatron ? That seems to me, although I dont that much more experiance than yourself lvl 14, yeah that seemed the quickest way to xp for me, I think at your lvl I went down to Silverpine for a lvl or two and then went over to crossroads and got loads of easy quests over their, my quest book was full, so on the way to one place i could also do 2/3 other quests I was horde btw

Anyway thats where I am at the moment and it seems to work for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Zyox how are you going up so fast ? are you just grinding or .... ??

details please :)

Aye, move out of our area. I moved out of Brill/Undercity around that time and started questing near Orgrimmer and The Barrens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Thanks for all the adivce =).

And i've solo'd all the way so far , but yeah i think i'm gona wander away from brill and the surrounding areas ...

Funniest thing so far has been kicking the Scarlet Friar's asses.
    As i Play a Friar in Daoc , i was morally confused ;P

Zyox how are you going up so fast ? are you just grinding or .... ??

details please :)

Myself and a Paladin friend are power levelling. Guild wants me up to level 30 by tonight/weekend so we went hard at it this week and it worked.
    Pure questing. 2 levels each night basically. Except for Wednesday cos then we did the Deadmines thing which took forever.

But yeah just quest quest quest. Hard. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

koneko wrote:
    I moved out of Brill/Undercity around that time and started questing near Orgrimmer and The Barrens.
    The Barrens are good for headcount quests, collect a few of those last thing before logging off and the next day you just slip out of the Crossroads first thing and collect kills at double xp. It's also well connected to the surrounding area, in particular Orgrimmer, Thunder Bluff and Rachet.

• Advertisement

Exactly. Once you're in the Barrens and start levelling, you'll get quests to go other areas, so you'll explore more of the world.

You need to get to Orgrimmer as it's a fairly essential city for us Hordies, the Auction House is there, and it's a nice central location for all the trainers, so you don't have to travel to the Undercity if you don't need to. Crossroads (xroads) is a central flightpath location, to other areas (which you have to visit first on foot, to get to the windrider and activate the path).

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

cant tell you about horde leveling but I'm a Gnome Mage and have been power leveling this last week to get to 30. (ding!)

The best way to do it is to always always always be questing for stuff that is 1-2 level higher then you (if you are a mage). Fighters might want to just fight stuff their level, which is fine. The XP difference between stuff your level and stuff 2 levels higher is low enough so you want to be sure you arent affecting your ability to perma-pull mobs. I can drop +2 level guys without breaking much of a sweat so long as they dont get on me so thats what I hunt.

So, get all the quests for an area and then xp-hunt things that should give you 2-3 quests complete (eg: Kill 10/10 defias prisoners, collect 6 defias headbands, bring me the head of Tarr-azog and if Defias Prisoners are near or at your level, you are laughing). Beware of quests that waste your time or dont work with others you have.

Many quests boost you along in the game but get too hard for you at your level alone. Most of the end-of-quest-big-baddie quests are too hard for me or even a group of my level. Get a group of highbie to help you. Nail the quest and get the XP. I know some people think thats terrible and cheating etc. Arse. I've done Stalvan, Morbent Fel, Morladim, Bride of The Embalmer and Stitches with groups (all 35 elites) despite only being 29 at the time, that alone got me 1/3rd of the way to 30.

Sitting and grinding a mob or camp all day is a terrible way to level in WoW, which is EXACTLY why I like it more then any other MMORPG I've played. Amp has been leveling partly by wandering around finding interesting or funny places to take pictures of himself *dancing* for god sake! :):)

Quest quest quest and when you grind a camp, make sure you are getting two quests completed from doing it.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Spoiler warning - Do not view if you want to discover the game world for yourself, however it does have some nice level guides for each region:

http://www.worldofwar.net/cartography/worldmap/easterncont.php
    http://www.worldofwar.net/cartography/worldmap/kalimdorcont.php

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Sweet nice tips. Just got my mage going today after some sever neglect for 2 weeks. Most my guild is like between 16 and 25 so my level 6 sucks. should level him a bit faster now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

Silverpine just below Undercity is pretty useful for 11 to about 16ish as a rogue. I found taking down spellcaster mobs in this area pretty easy with a rogue, just use Kick liberally. Make sure you've got decent weapons as it makes a hell of a difference. The quests dry up pretty fast after that though.

The Barrens has loads of mobs and quests for 10 - 22 or so. You get the quest to get poisons (lvl 20) in the Barrens/Orgrimmar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Zyox wrote:
    Recently I've been power leveling (since weekend) and have shot up levels. I went from 18-27 since Sunday night. I'm on about 2 days and 12 hours play in total, Dwarf Hunter.

How do you go about power levelling. I'm at lvl 23 warlock now. It's a slow and steady levelling, but some tips/strategies for speeding it up would be nice. I have been concentrating on quests. But others seem to lvl up so much quicker than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

generally you can stick to the one area til level 12ish, then move onto another til level 22/23 but after than point you'll have to be switching from two to three areas in order to keep getting quests.
    I.e from 20 to 30 I constantly switched between Ashenvale and Hillsbrad and later on thousand needles
    From 30 to 40 I switched between Arathi, Desolace, and stranglethorn vale.

How do you go about power levelling. I'm at lvl 23 warlock now. It's a slow and steady levelling, but some tips/strategies for speeding it up would be nice. I have been concentrating on quests. But others seem to lvl up so much quicker than me.

Well the way I worked it is I played with a mate who'd levelled to 30 already. We hit Loch Modan, Redridge, Westfall, Wetlands in that order I think. Pick up all the quests you see in one area and start doing them in order. It helps when he'd already done them and knew what to do and where to go, but in most cases that should only add 10mins of figuring out time if it's your first time :)
    Teaming up with someone who's a paladin/healer of some kind helps lots.

Pre level 18/19 the hardest thing for me was finding a group to do quests with, hence with someone organised to come on a said times and just go from there, it's a lot less hassle and organising time.

Also, I was a dwarf in Dun Morogh, but as soon as I hit level 10 and finished quests there I went straight to the human spawn (Elwynn Forest) and did all the quests there while I could still get gains off them. I think this can apply to anyone of any race. If you're human, go do the DM quests.

Advertisement