Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will this do what I want it to do??

• 11-03-2005 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭

Howdy,
    looking at this (http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=121748&cks=PRL), but need to know if will do what I want.
    I have Irish Broadband ripwave ethernet modem which is currently upstairs with a long cable trailed downstairs to the computer ( in order to get decent signal). I wanna replace this cable with wireless, so am looking to do this:
    Ripwave-><SomeWirelessRouter> /\/\/\/\/\/\/\-> WirelessCardInPC
    Will this package allow me to do what I wanna do?
    Don't wanna spend money on something which will be useless to me
    Cheers
    Ken

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Should do just fine. What's really nice about those cards (I got one myself) is that it has an SMA connector, and the antenna can be replaced to improve the range. Great little product.

Cheers,
    JP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 iga

I have a broadband setup here that has been working wireless fine. I used a q-tec 772WA access point (which is rather cheap but works well). You will need some crossover cable to flash the ROM to convert it to bridge mode, and a copy of TFTP. Once this is done, connect it to your modem using straight LAN cable. I used a Surecom USB wireless card to connect to the access point and activated DHCP on the bridge and the card to detect the IP settings. I dont know what way it works in Ireland but here you need to activate the MAC (physical address) with the provider. Choose the one printed on the base of the bridge. Hocus pocus and it should work, mines been working quite finely I must say. I think this is pretty much the same procedure for a general setup.
    Hope this helps. (P.S. The whole setup cost me under 100 Euros, dont know if this is competitive but I reckon its quite good)

Advertisement