Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Voice Mail

Options
  • 11-03-2005 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Anyone else notice when you ring voice mail it rings once before you get your messages, dont mind that but when you turn off your phone the same thing happens, so if there is someone trying to ring you they think you keep hanging up on them after one ring. Arragh!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I can't seem to get my voicemail to work at all,
    I enabled it and everything and have a message set.
    so if someone rings it just rings out after a min or so,
    and if i press red to reject the call it just stops ringing and gives an engaged tone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭d-j-k

Meteor seem to have recently got a new voicemail system. The menus are substantially different.

It's not unusual for voicemail systems to ring once, particularly if busy. Happens all the time in the UK, particularly with vodafone.

Also, eircom's voicemail system will occasionally throw up a US ring tone before answering / accessing your mailbox!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

Very annoying when your phone is switched off and you get a load of texts saying why are you hanging up on me bla bla bla, I hope they sort this out or im going back to vodafone. Dont need the grief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭d-j-k

you should email them!

They could easily replace the ring tone with silence or a "please wait" message it's being produced by the voicemail system

Lenny, your mailbox is set up. You just haven't activated the diverts to it.

You need to do the following:

Your mailbox number is as follows:
    08X - 5 - XXX XXXX
    e.g. if your number was 085 1234567 your mailbox is 085 5 123 4567

To activate the conditional diverts manually:

No answer:

**61*(mailbox number)#
    Unreachable (switched off / out of coverage)
    **62*(mailbox number)#
    Busy:
    **67*(mailbox number)#

alternatively:

**004*(mailbox number)# *should* activate all conditional diverts simultaniously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 a03bf4d9

Are the rumors true about METEOR introducing a 15c charge for voice mail??
    Absolutely scandalous in this day & age. Have been with them for a number of years now.

Signed up in College to avail of the phone a friend for free (for life) deal. Deal lasted 3 years subject to topping up a 20 per month which was done. Was cut off out of nowhere with little to no explanation for it. As many of you will know Pay as You Go Customers are treated as the 3rd Class Citizens on the Titanic. If Customer Service Agents are lifeboats then there are not enough to cater for the volume of passengers/ customers.

Another little hurdle in recent months has been the out of the blue removal of mobile data service. Using an Iphone which is effectively an Ipod now.

Never write in these blogs but felt the need to air my annoyance. Overall I would rate these guys 3/10. To sum up; Customer Service is appalling (if you have the patience to wait 40 minutes to reach someone). Ryanair of mobile providers in Dublin. Cost cutting at the detriment of customers to inflate bonuses of company Executives.

Advice to anyone considering a move DON'T DO IT. All of my friends use competitors; O2, Vodafone & 3 and never experience problems. Hope to be forever rid of them very soon.

Sorry for the rant & please comment highlighting your experience of them (good or bad). As we all know if enough noise is made in Ireland something is done quickly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement