Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buildering

• 11-03-2005 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Yep, buildering. Its urban bouldering where you boulder buildings, statues and any other type of problem you can find in the urban environment. Probably an offshoot from free running.

Anybody groups doing this? Know a good quiet spot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭[InsertHandle]

I don't mean to ask a stupid question but can you explain what bouldering is:o

does it involve throwing large rocks?? Whatever it is, it sounds like fun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Bouldering is climbing boulders instead of cliffs. The problems(routes) are low down so don't require a rope but are physically and technically very intense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭[InsertHandle]

ok now i understand ... sounds hella fun
    Gotta say i'm overcome with a desire to builder a garda barricks :D

... or maybe the security hut outside where i work ;)

Isn't there some french climber guy who dresses as spiderman and does this on major landmarks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Call_Me,Stan

This sounds like a lot of fun.

I gotta try it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

i live near the central mental hospital. theres a couple of spots on that wall that would almost be climbable... i havent put a huge ammount of thought into it. might look at it a bit closer one of these days =0)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 TheMasterG

Think the "Official" name for it is Urban Climbing. That french guys name is Alain Robert, lots of info, pics and vids on the linked site :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I think I prefer urban climbing, buildering makes me think of arse cleavage.

Advertisement