Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Creditcard Chargeback

Options
  • 11-03-2005 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I bought some electrical goods on-line which turned out to be dead on arrival.
    The seller is refusing to refund, claiming the goods he sent me were good.
    I know they weren't.
    I've been contacted by other buyers with the exact same problem.
    I'm 122ukp out of pocket.
    Can anyone tell me about Creditcard chargeback?
    I paid for the goods on 22nd Jan. Is it too late to process a chargeback ?
    Anyone know who to contact in AIB to proceed ?

TIA,
    Ray.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,207 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If they're the same as bank of Ireland, it'd be their Credit Card Fraud department. I know I've had one done before and the Bank were extremely good about it. I'd suggest sending the goods back via registered post first though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yup - call AIB Credit Card Centre (01 6685500) and ask them for advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

We need more background. Did you buy from a company or a consumer? Were the goods new or 2nd hand? Did you pay by Paypal or through a direct credit card charge?
    Is the seller located in the UK? What was the returns policy? What was their guarantee?

In theory, once you authorised the charge to your account, that's all the bank is worried about. If you have a further dispute with the supplier, that is your own business (except in limited circumstances where the supplier goes out of business). In practice, the banks can be a bit more consumer friendly than that, especially where they see a pattern of disputed payments.

Call your bank at the number on your bill - the same number you use for all queries. You'll have to follow up in writing, but get the call in asap.

Advertisement