Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom refund

• 11-03-2005 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if you cancel an account with Eircom and your last bill says you are in credit - is there anyway to claim that back from Eircom?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Does anyone know if you cancel an account with Eircom and your last bill says you are in credit - is there anyway to claim that back from Eircom?

1901??

I would imagine you can get a refund. But this is Eircom we are talking about so you never know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

They post you a cheque - I changed over to consolidated billing with Esat a couple of months back, and after a few weeks my refund came through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

But this is the problem - I am never going to have a landline installed again where I am currently living

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I doubt that'll make a difference - since you'll no longer have a realtionship with them they'll send you a cheque - assuming you haven't changed address. If you're not sure give 1901 a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I did this recently, moved house and my account/number couldn't be transferred. I rang 1901 and got them to transfer the credit to my new account but they said they could post me a cheque either. Just request that and you should be fine.

One thing to note though, if you've cancelled your account then the robot man that answers the phone for Eircom won't recognise your account now that it's gone. Just keep saying stuff or pressing buttons till he puts you through to someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

apparently masghing the keypad / rasing your voice / swearing gets him to connect you to a rep

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭mazza

This happened to me - moved account away from Eircom and final bill showed about 5e credit on the account.

Going on for three months later there was no sign of a cheque, so I chased it (just out of badness as that's what they had done to me, when I was owing).

Customer care staff (1901, I think) could see the credit and that it hadn't been made, but had no way of getting a cheque apparently. Suggested I phoned Eircom Credit Management department who said they couldn't do it as they only deal with corporates and hung up on me when I pushed them to solve. :D

Phoned back 1901 - guy took my details, said he'd look into it. I thought I'd hear nothing more and leave it at that, but about ten days later I got the cheque.

I have a funny feeling they don't issue cheques automatically unless you push them to send out one. Maybe thats me being cynical, though...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mentonray

Now awaiting 2 months after termination date and still no cheque 5 phonecalls later.(each waiting 25-40minutes to come off waiting machine) and told it's in the post on all 5 occasions.

Called today and after 14 minutes !!! hooray! told by a very perturbed lady that they were in examinership and weren't allowed to send out cheques last week.

Asked for email address and confirmation email stating same.......put on hold 15 mins later very relunctantly got name from assistant and told email on it's way today....... we'll see

1800 203101 is the number and if I get no joy today it's Joe Duffy & consumer affairs.

from my experience so far it's very obvious Eircom have no intention of paying refunds and hope that people will just go away.

Stick to your guns and ask for names and email confirmations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Old, off-topic thread closed.

Try here, mentonray

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement