Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

html connection thingy for irc servers

• 23-08-2000 4:04pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello,
    I used to have this site that allowed me to connect thru it to any irc servers...it fuked up.

Anyone know any others please...post a link.
    Nice One.

THE BOSS.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

This may not be of any help... BUT...anyway...

you can connect to #celtic on the Undernet through www.scaryeire.com/celtic/live - the applet thats used there can be used for any channel on any IRC server a.f.a.i.k. - and can be obtained from www.jpilot.com

Bard
    |home page

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

cannot get it to work, any other nice pages that I can just go to , type in the names of the channel and get going?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

this may be a bit of a pain in the **** , and I haven't tried it myself, but...

Do you have access to webspace with your own cgi-bin? If so, you could install your own CGI-IRC client and access it from a password protected _private folder... I think I have the cgi scripts on my hard drive somewhere...

- Munch
    - Sh33r l33tn35$, i tell you
    - Fortress.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

if hes behind a firewall then those cgi scripts are pretty useless as im pretty sure the only way they'll connect to the irc/whatever server is on the relevant port, which of course is blocked by the firewall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The jpilot applet sucks. it connects via the IRC port so it's blocked by the firewall.

Spacechat used to allow you via thier server, another one out there does too, but I can't remember it's name. Do a search on the boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

stephen id be interested in Cing those scripts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Kali - as far as i know , you use the script through the regular HTTP port 80, it opens a port for IRC on web server (6667 or whatever).

Podgeen - as far as I can remember, the script is available for free at www.networkdweebs.com/stuff/whiplash

Enjoy biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Stephen (edited 29-08-2000).]

Advertisement