Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

99c 4 game trade in offer thing

Options
  • 11-03-2005 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭

Quick question for anyone thats availed of this offer (trade in four games and get a new game for 99c).

Can you trade in games across multiple formats? I want MGS3 but ive only got about two ps2 games I want shot of.

Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

i did it for halo 2, traded in a few ps2 games and a few xbox games, it should be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭PADDYPOKER

Think the small print says the game must have a value of 14.99 Euro or more in the thier 2nd hand department!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

PADDYPOKER wrote:
    Think the small print says the game must have a value of 14.99 Euro or more in the thier 2nd hand department!
    So you trade in games worth (to Game's paltry trade-in value) 59.96, pay them 99c (= 60.95) and get a game? Are any games being sold for more than 60 euros these days? Last time I looked, most games were in the 50-55 range, but I only look at the traded games these days, so I'm not sure.

Not much of a bargain, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

PADDYPOKER wrote:

Where did you read this small print? It just sais "T&Cs apply" on the sticker. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

my question is does the "14.99" value mean the price they sell them back to customers at or the price they buy them back from you at

crap doesn't matter anyway won't be going into game for a long time again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Yeah, Game is quite possibly the worst shop ever (and I'm including the one shop in every town that still sells apple drops in brown paper bags and has Wham bars dated best before 1986)! However, I do have to go give them some of my money this evening because the Donkey Konga bundle is too good to resist. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I saw the details before.
    If you go into the shop and look at the yellow signs on the shelf where it says "trade 4..." at the bottom it says the games must have .......or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

my question is does the "14.99" value mean the price they sell them back to customers at or the price they buy them back from you at

I think it's the minimum price they will sell a used game at. Most of the games in the used bins though seem to be at least 20 quid, so regardless they win out by having 4 games to flog for 80 quid while losing 54 quid on the new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

the game has to be worth 25 quid new on the system. wrestling titles and football titles dont apply unless they are the most recent ones ie 2005 fifa and pes 4 and smackdown vs raw or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's 24.99, and that's the price they have to scan at new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Well, I did it in the end. Bloke said "no wrestling or footy games" so I was grand. All the games I traded in were preowned ones I had bought in Game before.

Advertisement