Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Visual Studio .Net Professional 2003

Options
  • 11-03-2005 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have 4 copies of Microsoft Visual Studio .Net Professional 2003. They were prizes from a competition that my team won recently. I am still in college, and thus can get this software for free from the college. I want to sell them.

They are worth about 500 euro, I estimate. (Microsoft has stopped selling them, and is now only selling the '2003 Pro Special Edition' that comes with a copy of Windows 2003 and development versions of SQL server). They are all still in plastic wrapping with the licenses and everything.

Where would be a good place to sell these? I am thinking of setting up an amazon shop, or perhaps selling them on EBay.

Does anyone know if it's possible to sell them back to Microsoft at the retail price?

Does anyone know what they are worth, or what price I should sell them for?

Best Regards,

Marc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Does anyone know if it's possible to sell them back to Microsoft at the retail price?

z7shysterical.gifmeparto.gifcomp11.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I'd keep one for yourself and install it on a home pc as it may be elegable for a cheap/free upgrade to VS 2005 when its released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

fragile wrote:
    ROFLMFAO..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

fragile wrote:
    ... like you can with Windows when you buy it from Dell.

ROLFMAO
    TBH
    BRB
    LOL
    IAF
    IMO
    TTYL

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

TBH I doubt they'll give you a refund as it was a prize. But they may trade you for something else like VS 2005 (xbox?). You'll never know unless you ask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Ill give you a tenner for one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

i think you may try again in a new thread looks like this one is truly hijacked

Advertisement