Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blood Brothers

• 11-03-2005 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Anyone been to see Blood Brothers in the Gaiety yet?

Was thinking about getting tix for next week before it finishes. Just wanted to get ppl's opinions on it first.

Any comments appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I saw it in London 2 years ago, it's brilliant and extremely funny and powerful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Went to see it last night - absolutely brilliant show - cast were amazing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 smoocher

i seen it in london 3 years ago and it was brilliant, highly recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Deacon Blues

Saw it last week. Hadn't seen it for a good few years before that. This one is another great production. Seemed to be a little "ruder" than what I remembered, but nothing major. Not too sure of that, just a feeling I had.

Rebecca Storm is wonderful. She knows that role inside out and is so relaxed at it that it appears really natural. The two "boys" are brilliant, especially grown up Micky. The only misgivings that I had was The Narrator. He was a really moody, brooding presence, and it was difficult to understand what he was singing. Maybe he had a bad mic setup on the night.

If you've never seen it, try to see it before it ends ... it's well worth it. If you have seen it, then it'll be worth checking out again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

The only misgivings that I had was The Narrator. He was a really moody, brooding presence, and it was difficult to understand what he was singing. Maybe he had a bad mic setup on the night.

Thats exactly what I thought - it was like he was mumbling the words - think it was just the way he was acting - nothing to do with the mic - very hard to hear some of the words he was saying. His small duet parts weren't great either.

I thought he was supposed to be the devil for most of it because of the way he was acting!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The only misgivings that I had was The Narrator. He was a really moody, brooding presence, and it was difficult to understand what he was singing.

The Narrator is my favourite character in the show. He is meant to bve a brooding presence, as he is essentially the conscience of the cast - he wont let Mr Johnston and Ms Lyons forget what they did, ever.

Saw it last night for the third time, first time in Cork. It was excatly as brilliant as I remembered it. Couldnt fault any of the cast. Mickey was probably the best actor of the lot of them. No sure was Rebecca Storm Mrs Johnston. She was advertised as being, but I dont know.

The audience last night certainly let their feeling be known at the end with a 5-6 minute standing ovation. The cast deserved every second and every clap of it.

it must be a powerful show to be part of, as looking at the cast at theend, many had tears in their eyes.

Looking forward to seeing it for the fourth time now.

As said above, this show has to be seen. Its in Cork Opera House til April 9th. Tickest are quite dear, but very worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Saw it in the Cork Opera House on thursday night and it was only fantastic. Rebecca Storm played Mrs Johnston in that alright. Really great performance and has everything in it, comedy, tradgedy etc. Tickets were 50 Euro but worth every penny or cent as the case may be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 marcowil

I think Blood Brothers is one of the most powerful shows I have ever seen - it always manages to bring a lump to my throat.

If you haven't seen it definitely go - you won't be disappointed

Now starts to sing "Like marilyn Monroe" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MariaRyan

But it is. This is one of the best musicals around. The best thing about it is that it appeals to everyone. The night I went to see it in Cork, there were a good few kids at it. There are some serious topics in it and the language does get a bit questionable for kids bt if they've seen Fair City, they should be fine.

Other than that, it's great night out -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

saw it last night in Cork - brilliant - quickest I've seen people get on their feet for standing ovation.
    Mickey was outstanding.

• Advertisement
Advertisement