Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

belly button piercings

Options
  • 11-03-2005 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Are they a good idea i really want to get it done for the summer but ive heard they ALWAYS get infected even if you clean them,is this true?does anyone have experience with them?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

No.....
    They only get infected if you dont clean them (or if you go to GSA)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Ali Cat

GaRtH_V wrote:
    They only get infected if you dont clean them (or if you go to GSA)
    :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

*adele* wrote:
    Are they a good idea i really want to get it done for the summer but ive heard they ALWAYS get infected even if you clean them,is this true?does anyone have experience with them?

Because of the position they are in and daily contact with trousers and other clothing they need extra care.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

I got mine done in December and last week it was nearly healed for good.
    I stopped using the anti-bac shower gel and went back to regular stuff.
    It now looks like it did a month ago :(
    Anyone got any advice as to whether I should start using the anti-bac shower gel again?
    BTW, I haven't ever stopped cleaning it every morning and evening with the cleaning solution stuff anyway.

• Advertisement

I got mine done in December and last week it was nearly healed for good.
    I stopped using the anti-bac shower gel and went back to regular stuff.
    It now looks like it did a month ago :(
    Anyone got any advice as to whether I should start using the anti-bac shower gel again?
    BTW, I haven't ever stopped cleaning it every morning and evening with the cleaning solution stuff anyway.

Regular shower gel should be fine now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mobile04

feature3.jpg very nice if shes a fit philly.lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 wonderwall_

make sure u clean it and like someone else said get it done soon. have you had your ears peircd? did those have a habbit of getting infected. some people have uber sensitive skin and get infecteced no matter what, if yer fair skinned there is a higher chance as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

yeah so how much about are they?i want to get it done in miss fantasias

*adele* wrote:
    yeah so how much about are they?i want to get it done in miss fantasias

About 20 euro in Miss Fantasia but Glen's piercing abilities are not of the same standard as Snakebite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

It's about €35 in Celestial Ring... but could be more expensive depending on what jewellery you choose.
    Ken in Celestial Ring is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Ken is brill, really sound guy.

Not true because a parent/guardian can give them permission.

one thing i dont have guess ill have to stick with miss fantasias

*adele* wrote:
    one thing i dont have guess ill have to stick with miss fantasias

I've seen Glen turn away people who are really young looking so where a short skirt and show your tits.

kk ill keep dat in mind but i look really young :(

I am MAN wrote:
    I've seen Glen turn away people who are really young looking so where a short skirt and show your tits.
    Glen knows what he's doing and is not likely to fall for the short skirt and lots of clevage routine, it's a liability. I do agree that Glen's probably not the best piercer for someone who is getting it done for the first time, althoug if you want a below the belt or unusual piercing he's pretty good :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

mobile04 wrote:
    feature3.jpg very nice if shes a fit philly.lol
    oh yeah, on turning! *licks lips*

The Fitz wrote:
    oh yeah, on turning! *licks lips*
    perv! the OP on this thread is like fourteen! ;)
    :D:D

• Advertisement

Me too.

The Fitz wrote:
    Me too.
    :eek: Why do I feel so old?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 madison 1

*adele* wrote:
    Adele dont get it done its very sore and it dose get infected , no matter how much you clean it and use the lotion they give you , IT WILL GO GREEN, I ended up in the doctors with mine. They may look sexy and great but i ended up with a nasty hole were it was.
    DONT DO IT I TELL EVERY BODY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

madison there are plenty of people well able to take care of their piercings who have had no trouble with belly button piercings.
    going green strikes me as something that would happen to cheap metal, so perhaps inferior quality jewellery caused the problem?
    either that or you were cleaning it too much and irritating it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I got my belly button done over 3 years ago. It was the last of 11 piercings I've had and the only one that has caused me any trouble. It healed up fine originally then after about 4 months it got infected. It continued giving me problems for over a year and a half.

For the first summer I had it, it had a huge lump at the top, as that healed a lump grew at the bottom, as that healed it came back at the top. I decided that if it came back out at the bottom I would get rid of it. It didn't, that was over a year after I got it. It was fine for all the next summer but once I started getting into my winter clothes again it came up in a lump again. During all this time I was cleaning it and taking care of it. I never changed the bar because I didn't want to aggravate it.

It's been over a year since I had any problems with it. But I've had to be careful what I wear. Any skirts or pants that rub against it are out. I have to be careful with tights as well so that the edge doesn't irritate it.

If I was you I'd give it a miss until I was a bit older. I was about 10 years older than you when I got mine and it was a lot of hassle for me. And I never had to take it out so my parents wouldn't see it! I'm not saying that they all turn out like mine, but I know quite a few others who have had similar problems with this and other piercings.

There is a reason why there is an age requirement on these type of piercing. I know it's not the kind of thing you want to hear.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

What can you expect with a belly button piercing?
    The majority of them are banana bells or rings so they are gonna cause extra pressure on the skin and added to the fact that you move your stomach all day its gonna be easier to irritate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

There is no piercing that "always gets infected". If you take care of it and nothing bad hapens to it, it'll heal up dandy. Miss Fantasias are a lot more likely to take someone under eighteen than Snakebite or Celestial Ring but they're not as good. Don't worry too much. Wear sensible jewellery and take care of it as you would with any other piercing and you'll be fine. The age/parental issue is something you'll have to sort out yourself. I just got mine to definitively agree to my own plans for the summer today, after a bit of convincing.

• Advertisement

true

Advertisement