Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

belly button piercings

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Last thing my parents need is my whining for a piercing theyd never let me do it but by the time they see it(the summer)it should be grand.So if i have no chance is snakebite where else is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

*adele* i wouldn't recommend getting if you have a school skirt with a high wasitband or wear tights etc. for school as this will really irritate it.
    you need to avoid clothes with high waists and school skirts are very often like this ( i know mine was) since there's no way of avoiding wearing it, its just gonna cause hassle. my work shirt tends to get a bit caught in mine, which can irritate it, so just think about the kind of clothes you wear on a regular basis before you get it done, as alot of things will rub against the piercing and catch in it.

its possible to wear my school skirt low and if i get it done now it will be grand for the summer,wouldnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Provided you take care of it I think it should be quite a quick healer, as long as you don't let it get irritated.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

*adele* wrote:
    its possible to wear my school skirt low and if i get it done now it will be grand for the summer,wouldnt it?

No, not nessecarily. Look back at my post. It was fine after about the first 6 weeks, then about 4 months after it went nuts. If I knew how bad it was going to be I'd never have gotten it done. The day I got it done my friend got her eyebrow done, which was fine for a similar lenght of time as mine and then got so infected she had to take it out and she still has a small scar.

In fairness maybe the blame lies with the piercer. Those piercings were the only ones either of us got with him and they were the only ones either of us had problems with. I'm not saying that just because I had problems you will. But by the same measure, just because some people have never had a problem it doesn't mean that yours will be problem free either.

At least don't do it if you can't get it done with a well recommended piercer. If that means waiting, wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

I got mine done in the celestial ring about 5 years ago. Make sure you clean it twice a day and dont touch it unless you have clean hands. Careful you dont let anything pull out of it.
    It pinches just a bit when you get it done but after that it's not sore.
    Go get it done now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

Oh I didn't know they were only 14!!

I wouldn't have advised to get it done. Sorry about that!

You'd best wait til you're 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I say nag the parents until they give in. That's what I did. It's your only big obstacle to getting it done. Once oyu've got them onside, go to Celestial Ring or Snakebite and Hey Presto! You're on your way. :)

• Advertisement

Me and my friend went to georges her choice even though i was saying no no no no etc
    so these girls came out with it done and they were white and shakin then they showed us and it was bleeding alot so i thought fúck this but my friend convinced me again so we got to the top of the queue and he wudnt do it :(
    but im not sure bout it anymore i felt safer in ad hoc and they believed i was 16 but they didnt believe my friend and i didnt wanna just do that on her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

I've been reading this and i'm sorry to say that if i knew what you looked like i'd post your face in ever salon in dublin.. you are a child. you sound so silly, when i was 14 i had more cop on than you seem to. your home live isn't great and your sisters acting up. why add more to the problem. GSA is a kip your body is going to change and you want to pierce it!!
    wait till your 16. when you are ready you will be able to walk in and get it done.
    if you need a push, it means you are not ready!

oh and get the place name right ad hoc is a clothes shop, MM. is the piercing studio.

do you think peircers use an age restricting just for the hell of it????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

i got my bellybutton peirced at 14 with my parents permission, well my mums, and its great!! very painful for ages though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭GlitterB

i got my belly pierced in miss fantasias when i was 13 without my parents permission but my cousin who is 20 came in n pretended to be my dad.I was lucky as it never got infected but when i went to metalmorphsis to get them to change the ring for a bar they said the piercing was crooked :( But really you should wait until you are older and/or have your parents permission I regret getting it done so young and it was a huge burden to keep to myself as it requires a lot of attention in the first month at least

Advertisement