Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ghostrider 3 180mph hayabusa

Options
  • 11-03-2005 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

Apparently they're not all fags who like to dress up in leathers & touch each other, this guy's got a turbocharged 490bhp Sushi hayabusa that goes 0 - 300 km/h [186mph] in 9.1 seconds !!!

http://0wn3d.nl/zooi/motor/ghostrider/gr2_busa_turbo.wmv [200MB]

the acceleration from 120-180mph is just insane, im sure if gearing or sprockets were altered it'd top 200mph no problem :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

That's f*cking insane, how the hell does he stay on at that speed ??

Must be using alot of velcro ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

mmmmmmm490bhp Hayabusa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

Are you implying that all bikers are gay ???

that his old tune from motornet.ie forum, You will never see 528 driving bike as he is too scared :D
    Anyway, this busa turbo is crazy, seen entire dvd and he drives another bike without reg plate around town doing hyper speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Is that the dude in Sweden? The guy who races the cops? Some of his stuff is crazy. black prince of the peripherique video is pretty good too, the guy races at crazy speed on the peripherique which is the ring road around Paris. He didn't quite make it in the time he wanted to and died on his second attempt.

that's the one. dude from sweden

he had the skill , the madness and the luck when making this dvd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I've seen better clips of him than that one. Including one of him on a snowmobile on the street and one of him on a totally black push bike and all his leathers and helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Apparently, the bog standard hayabusa is an animal as well - AFAIK it was the fastest production road bike when it came out.

eoin_s wrote:
    Apparently, the bog standard hayabusa is an animal as well - AFAIK it was the fastest production road bike when it came out.

Sorry have to correct you there (hate doing that !!). The current holder of that record is this baby Triumph Rocket 3 .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Sorry have to correct you there (hate doing that !!). The current holder of that record is this baby Triumph Rocket 3 .

Are you saying that thing'll beat a busa?
    Where's the top speed mentioned in that link? its got a 5 speed box and the same HP figures as a busa, and it easily weighs double what the busa does.
    Prove me wrong and i'll be impressed, but it doesnt add up on paper

edit: OP the camera bike is doing 180 in one of the scenes in that clip, and ghostrider passes him at a fair clip, he's definitley hitting 200mph (on the back wheel)

more Busa goodness http://home.comcast.net/~viggy58/bike.htm

Listen, I probably say something in this forum every day that needs be corrected, so don't feel bad :D
    AFAIK it was the fastest production road bike when it came out.

Wasn't the triumph made after the Hayabusa, so when the Hayabusa first came out, it was the fastest?

• Advertisement

maybe the fastest from 0-100mph in acceleration but i don't think in top speed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

528i wrote:

the im downloadin is only 12.5
    whats up with that?

that triumph is the largest capacity production bike.
    I cant see it being the fastest, unless the top gear is really tall.

Here's a link that says the Hayabusa is still the fastest, but I'm sure there are other sites out there with different answers :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

Chalk wrote:
    the im downloadin is only 12.5
    whats up with that?

sorry, that was another clip i was thinking about, Rotterdam to Amsterdam in something like 20minutes on the same bike.. boring enough though, if you could call 180mph boring :eek:

heres the 200mb clip
    http://0wn3d.nl/zooi/motor/ghostrider/gr3_rotterdam-amsterdam.wmv

cops wouldn't have much chance keeping up with dis fella, the ultimate getaway veh'cal !

[sergent murphy]A blur was spotted in the vicinity for about 3 seconds and we are appealing fer witnesses to come forward :D

Does the MTT turbine bike count as a production model?
    Its rated for 266mph

Jay Leno has one, and drives it to work occasionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Serious question: :D

On a bike like that, with acceleration like that, acceleration that "morphs" your facial features and remoulds your intestines round your spine ...

How on earth to you ease off the accelerator?

I mean, once you commit yourself and twist that wrist, all you can do is hang on for dear life with every muscle fibre you have. Where do you find the force to counteract that pull and push your wrist against it?

( Iam actually serious ...would somebody please explain this to someone who just drives a sedate "chugg-chugg" chopper)

eoin_s wrote:
    Here's a link that says the Hayabusa is still the fastest, but I'm sure there are other sites out there with different answers :rolleyes:

me too, can't see anybody on naked bike doing 300km/h

busa is still the king

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Wheelies at those speeds while shifting up? Unreal :eek:

Oh and he's not dead baby, neither is the French dude who's periferique record he broke...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

The hayabusa is the fastest production bike, it used to be the honda blackbird (cbr1100xx) until the hayabusa was released, the hayabusa is the name of the japanese peregrine falcon which is said to actually hunt blackbirds.

(of course I have no clue about the japanese language so I could be wrong but It's something I've heard from a few sources)

• Advertisement

We'll just have to agree to disagree about the fastest bike argument. Unless someone can actually prove it with some real fact's. All I know is Triumph made a big deal out of the Rocket 3 when it came out claiming it is faster than a stock Busa !!!

When the Dodge Tomahawk goes into production in the next two years it will leave the other's crying. It has a theorectical top speed of over 600mph !!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

We'll just have to agree to disagree about the fastest bike argument. Unless someone can actually prove it with some real fact's. All I know is Triumph made a big deal out of the Rocket 3 when it came out claiming it is faster than a stock Busa !!!
    When the Dodge Tomahawk goes into production in the next two years it will leave the other's crying. It has a theorectical top speed of over 600mph !!!! :eek:

There is no way that lardy fat bast@rd is quicker than a stock Hayabusa, not to mind one with a turbo. It's a cruiser for fecks sake. Who needs proof, when common sense prevails?

Just in case, here's proof.
    Rocket III 1/4 Mile statistics: 11.740 seconds @~114mph
    Hayabusa 1/4 Mile Statistics: 9.x seconds @~150mph.

I think you may be mixing up largest capacity motorcycle (or greatest amount of torque), with fastest.
    The Hayabusa is probably not the the quickest anymore (it may have the top speed, given that most modern super-bikes are now restricted to sub 200mph speeds). I believe in it's hay-day the hayabusa (un-restricted) could hit 205-215mph.

Rocket (American specs, probably slightly slower).
    0-60mph on the Rocket is a lardy 3.54 seconds (although far quicker than most sub 450k cars)
    Mass: a very portly 803 lbs.

Oh, and the top-speed would seem to be a rather sedate 140mph (restricted by EMS - probably slightly higher).

Oh, and the Dodge Tomahawk has four wheels right? Let's bring on the next discussion! :D

agree to disagree :D, the parting cry of the guy who got it wrong ;)

as for that dodge, I cant see anywhere saying 600mph, all the links i've searcched come up with 400Mph (still bloody fast). its a viper in a skinnier, taller, lighter chassis, not a bike, and even if it was a bike, its not street legal,
    The Tomahawk reproduction will be made by the firm that built the original as a piece of automotive sculpture. It is intended for display only; the reproduction will not be fully operational and cannot be legally operated on public roads.

Those bikes are only as fast as the pussie riding them ;)

that tomahawlk is abit of a joke alright, I've seen its designer (a complete tool by all accounts) give it some wellie on a sky documentary and he nearly broke his flicking neck, its got some trick suspension where one wheel tilts or adjusts higher than the other for cornering but this seems to make it unstable under braking & acceleration and pretty much unridable as a result, looks cool though and doesn't have anything like your typical gay biker impression (yet) but all it takes is one guy doing a y.m.c.a dance on the saddle to spoil it for everyone else :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

528i wrote:
    ...your typical gay biker impression (yet) but all it takes is one guy doing a y.m.c.a dance on the saddle to spoil it for everyone else :D
    Probably a little too off-topic, but I'll refer you to this article:
    BMW Drivers Have Most Gay Sex
    male BMW drivers say they have sex with men on average 2.2 times each week while Porsche drivers have sex 1.4 times per week.
    How many times have you had gay sex this week 528i? :p

I think you'll find the survey says "BMW drivers have more sex than owners of any other cars" from more aherm, reliable sources that your own personal webpage.. ;)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4891758

What i'd draw from this is that we're obviously more successful, attractive & desirable towards the opposite sex, so in essence get the better-looking chix than for instance an audi driver would, with scoda drivers for example being left with red-cheeked bottom of the barrel stuff from places like kerry.

Trust a biker to insert gay references and frankly outrageous homosexual connotations towards such a reverent survey.

echomadman wrote:
    agree to disagree :D, the parting cry of the guy who got it wrong ;)

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on the fact that I'm right ;)

528i wrote:
    I think you'll find the survey says "BMW drivers have more sex than owners of any other cars"

well they probably do most of the with other bmw drivers . this number will also include gay drivers which fit your description big car even bigger anus
    So don't go around Mondello in your tight pants proudly shouting

looks my alarm fob is bigger then yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You must have misunderstood. Let me be quite clear so you will understand and there will be no doubt: A BMW is for a heterosexual male. Got that?

• Advertisement

unkel wrote:
    You must have misunderstood. Let me be quite clear so you will understand and there will be no doubt: A BMW is for a heterosexual male. Got that?

yeah got that . except 528 he is the steamer in the beemer :D

Advertisement