Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

web hosting... help needed

Options
  • 11-03-2005 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

folks I know thi might be the worng place to post but i desperate

the club i train in www.bridgestonemuaythai.com is down for essential mainteance.. although this seems to be going on for ages... its free hosting as we dont make any money so it was all good....

I want to change the domain name servers to some other free hosting...

firstly any one know any ad free - free hosting and also

how i change the domain name servers...

thanks , i need this one, thanks

paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

paddyc wrote:
    folks I know thi might be the worng place to post but i desperate

the club i train in www.bridgestonemuaythai.com is down for essential mainteance.. although this seems to be going on for ages... its free hosting as we dont make any money so it was all good....

I want to change the domain name servers to some other free hosting...

firstly any one know any ad free - free hosting and also

how i change the domain name servers...

thanks , i need this one, thanks

paddy

There's very few decent free hosting companies left. You might want to look at one of the very-cheap hosting companies (mostly American) that have replaced them. (Yep, was with Portland for few years; still have the site, though it just forwards to another now. They're good when they're working, but their maintainance windows can last WEEKS)
    Rob.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Why not get some decent but cheap paid for hosting and place a few banner (google) adverts on the site. Should pay for itself over a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

If the site's traffic is quite low, then I'd recommend a UK host I've used several times - 34sp.com. At only £15stg per YEAR (works out at about €22) it's great value for low traffic sites (i.e. <1000 Mb per month). As for changing the name servers, it really depends on where the domain was registered, but most registrars have a control panel allowing you to change the DNS servers for .com domains really easily.

Looks like you've registered your domain with network solutions. So if you go here and lookup your domain name; about half-way down the resultant page you'll see a 'Manage DNS' link, which will let you login and change your DNS servers.

I'd also recommend you transfer your domain to GoDaddy, as your domain will only cost you $8.95 a year instead of $34.99.

Advertisement