Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod & mobile phone

Options
  • 11-03-2005 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

I've been looking around for something that would let me listen to my iPod, and also act as a handsfree headset for my Sony Ericsson Z600. I don't mind if it's wired or Bluetooth, but I did come across something interesting - the Bluetake BT420. This is a "dongle" that connects to any music source with a 3.5mm audio jack (e.g. my iPod) that uses Bluetooth to connect wirelessly to a behind-the-head set of headphones. The headphones can also use Bluetooth to pair with a mobile phone, and include a microphone that you can use to talk. Incoming calls interrupt the music, and apparently it can support voice-dialling also. The reviews seem to indicate that the sound quality is good, and expansys have it for around 150 euros.

Does anyone know of any other solution that might work, or whether the BT420 is any good in practice? I was considering a FM transmitter for the iPod, and a radio receiver/headset for the phone (Sony Ericsson do one), but it seems the FM transmitters are not legal over here - which is a shame, since it would also allow me to use my iPod in the car.

Ciarán.

Advertisement