Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

porting back to vodafone

Options
  • 11-03-2005 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Can you port an 087 number back to vodafone without much hassle. The number is currently on meteor atm.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Yep you should be able to. You just need to buy a 12e porting pack from a Vodafone or CPW shop. You also need to sign a CAF (customer authorisation form). Takes about 2 hours to be put through. You'll get 2e straight away once you're back and then another 10e once you re-register. Give Vodafone Customer Care a call on 1850 20 87 87 just to check.
    But should be no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Orla1

It's no prob, i do it freq... it's a bit of a pain waitin 4 it to change over tho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Darz0re

Orla1 wrote:
    It's no prob, i do it freq... it's a bit of a pain waitin 4 it to change over tho...

can i ask why you port freq??
    there are really only two things of concern when your changing networks

Coverage and Call Charges

Meteor obivously have cheaper charges, so your change is just due to coverage in certain areas???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Was curious myself.. Why so much moving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

RachG wrote:
    Yep you should be able to. You just need to buy a 12e porting pack from a Vodafone or CPW shop. You also need to sign a CAF (customer authorisation form). Takes about 2 hours to be put through. You'll get 2e straight away once you're back and then another 10e once you re-register. Give Vodafone Customer Care a call on 1850 20 87 87 just to check.
    But should be no problem.
    There is one small problem, you can't get the free credit when you port back to vodafone. It says on vodafone.ie that the number is already registered and wont allow you to to reregister and get the porting credit. What a swizz!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Bond-007, you would only get free credit if you had either bought a brand new Vodafone phone or a Vodafone bonus pack when porting back onto Vodafone. They don't give you out credit for just porting back in, you get the €12 euro initial cost back.

embee wrote:
    Bond-007, you would only get free credit if you had either bought a brand new Vodafone phone or a Vodafone bonus pack when porting back onto Vodafone. They don't give you out credit for just porting back in, you get the €12 euro initial cost back.
    You only get the €2 initial credit. To get the other €10 (€5x2 months) you have to register the details, but as the number is already registered on vodafones system (they simply re-activate your old settings from the first time the number was on their network) You are treated as if you never left and you only get the €2 on the sim card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Bond-007 wrote:
    You only get the €2 initial credit. To get the other €10 (€5x2 months) you have to register the details, but as the number is already registered on vodafones system (they simply re-activate your old settings from the first time the number was on their network) You are treated as if you never left and you only get the €2 on the sim card.

well if 10e worries u that much then vodafone arent for u, port to 02 if u dont like meteor

Too Late now :) Its just the principle. I would never go near o2, locked voicemail settings etc. Vodafone is the only runner.

Bond-007 wrote:
    Too Late now :) Its just the principle. I would never go near o2, locked voicemail settings etc. Vodafone is the only runner.

what do u mean by locked voicemail? as im thinking of porting to 02

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Locked voice mail? you can do as much on o2 Voice mail as you can with any other.

Not on o2 prepaid. All diverts are preset to voicemail which cannot be deactivated or altered. Not my cup of tea esp as they charge for voicemail.

Thanks for the info, didn't know that. Thought all networks disallow you to alter the diverts to voicemail. Being charged to use voice mail is bad alright though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Yes, you get the €10 credit for registering your details. How hard is it to make one phone call or fill out a form? You've already signed a CAF in the agents, but you quibble about registering? The "principle" is the same as any other Vodafone user - you get free credit when you register. When you don't register a ported in number, no customer details are registered on the system. By that note, a Vodafone customers details who has ported out to O2/Meteor and then ported back into Vodafone will not show on our systems either, as it is a port out and a discontinuation of the number on our systems. They don't simply "re-activate" your old settings, because your old settings don't exist once your port out has completed.

embee wrote:
    Yes, you get the €10 credit for registering your details. How hard is it to make one phone call or fill out a form? You've already signed a CAF in the agents, but you quibble about registering? The "principle" is the same as any other Vodafone user - you get free credit when you register. When you don't register a ported in number, no customer details are registered on the system. By that note, a Vodafone customers details who has ported out to O2/Meteor and then ported back into Vodafone will not show on our systems either, as it is a port out and a discontinuation of the number on our systems. They don't simply "re-activate" your old settings, because your old settings don't exist once your port out has completed.
    Beleive me the old account on vodafone.ie still exists. For the first day it said "Ldap Ported out", the next day it said it was already registered. I asked for the password to be sent and it was still the old original password.

They do keep the old details. So in their eyes you are not a new customer, you are a come crawling backer and are treated accordingly.

Webmonkey wrote:
    Thanks for the info, didn't know that. Thought all networks disallow you to alter the diverts to voicemail. Being charged to use voice mail is bad alright though
    Meteor and Vodafone allow you to turn off diverts and reset them to what ever numbers you want. o2 will not allow any changes, so every call is a completed call on 02 prepaid.

is it possible to set up a divert to another landline on o2 prepaid?

lomb wrote:
    my work collegue done it i think

lomb wrote:
    Nope, I have called them to ask and was told it was part of the T&C's that all diverts are to voicemail and are not chanagable.

Advertisement