Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

about Leopard Geckos

• 11-03-2005 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

im think of getting a Leopard Gecko soon.does anyone know how much it will be and everything for it .and any good site for info for them :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Leopards...hmm.. nice lizard. It would probably cost you about 150-200euro for the lizard (depending on the size), heat mat, sand and tank I'd say. Probably one of the best places in Dublin to get them would be Reptile Haven beside the Dublin Corp building. Ph 01-6704001, give them a bell and they'd be able to give you a price. As for sites, just google it. There is so many sites with great info as they are a very common pet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 daragh_dublin

yea i heard about that place.which is better a heat mat or a light :confused: .thanks alot

If you're getting leopard geckos, I'd say you be best with a heat mat as, even though they climb on logs and small stuff, they spend most of their time on the ground, unlike other geckos that can climb walls and spend a lot of time on the side of the tank.

ok thanks alot is there anything else i need 2 know :confused:

Not really. Apart from the fact that you'll probably like to buy babies to watch them grow. The only problem with that is they're hard to sex when they are very young so if you are buying two you might end up with two males or two females. Probably best to buy one, see if you can look after it, then buy another one when it reaches adulthood. I kept leopards for about 9 years, along with water dragons and blue tongued skinks (not all together of course :) ) and I think they're a great pet. Something I will add though, if you're looking for something to handle alot, they're probably not the lizard for you. They can drop their tail if it's grabbed by accident and even though it will grow back, it won't be the same. But in saying that, they are very easy to keep and very tidy lizards. Get sand, a hid, something to climb that's secure and that's about it. Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement

i was there 2 day with my friends. its sooo cool .ben is gas.we were holdin snakes and lizards its sooooo cool can wait till i get it.

Advertisement