Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baklawa

• 11-03-2005 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭

Been on holidays? Succumbed to baclava/baklawa addiction and had to go cold Turkey on return home? This used to be me. I tried making my own, buying the mank stuff from the market opposite Jervis in the summer, nothing was the same. Since the last time I was in Crete 5 years ago I had been baklawa-less.

Today, less than an hour ago, i found real baklawa in my local shop. 6-7 little varieties for 2.95. I'm so happy I could cry. They sell it in the euroshopper on Strand Street between Jervis St. and Liffey St.

If you're ever desperate for halwa/halva they sell it in the health-food store in George's street arcade, found that one out last year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Asia Market down by Jervis Centre does Baklawa as well as Iskanders Kebab on Dame Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

The asian market? I go in there weelky and have never seen it. *slaps forhead*
    Must pay more attention...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Around about Ramadan it was as you enter the shop the shelves straight in front of you, that may have just been for Ramadan though so if they are not there they are on the right of the Arab side, not into the Chinese side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Twasn't there today but there's still loads in the Euroshopper. Didn't buy any though as you can have too much of a good thing. Also, I like my teeth where they are.

Not in a glass on the nightstand.

Advertisement