Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a whoite?

Options
  • 11-03-2005 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

I remember the debate that raged in the pages of Doctor Who magazine back in the day regarding the preferred title for a Doctor Who fan.
    I think people agreed on Whoite in the end, but I think thats pants, anyone think of a good one?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I thought it was Whovian myself, which I prefer but I do remember the debate - wasn't it on recs.art.drwho?

Maybe there needs to be degrees such as what I thought Trekkie/Trekker meant - different words indicating how fantical you are. What sort of collection and knowledge have you amassed foxybrowne?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Ah sure I know a bit alright, have a good few vids, tapes and a whole load of mags.
    (Pauls the name by the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Whovian sounds familiar, never heard whoite though. I think fans should be called Whoovers*

*joke

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Gavin W

Never heard of Who-ite either. Whovian always seems to be the term the media use, though I prefer just "Doctor Who fan" myself.

As long as we're not called "Whores"!

Advertisement