Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2001 Saxo VTS, what would you pay

Options
  • 11-03-2005 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

2001 1.6 16v Saxo VTS, 29k miles, one owner, immaculate (pending inspection)

I am considering buy one and just wondering what ye might reckon a fair price would be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

Wanton wrote:
    2001 1.6 16v Saxo VTS, 29k miles, one owner, immaculate (pending inspection)

I am considering buy one and just wondering what ye might reckon a fair price would be?
    dealer or private,dealer will have the price well jacked up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

camarobill wrote:
    dealer or private,dealer will have the price well jacked up ;)

to tell you the truth, looking at a dealer in the uk, cant find anything not modified here.

i have it all worked out including car, vrt, roadside check of the car, travel to and back, but I cant find anything for sale anywhere here(buyandsell, autotrader, cbg, carzone) to compare final price. only 2 i can find is a 2000, thats €7700, modified high miles and a 2003 on carzone, and that crazy so and so wants €20k!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

nothing, its a poxy saxo ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

ur dead right looking for an unmupifid motor :D,there must b some good ones over here,what about the north,its no big deal bring motors back from the uk,but i would have a few lined up first.they love seeing imported motors at the nct test centres. :mad: u failed the car on how many things :eek: :eek: :confused:;):D

a few up north for sale, but again all modified. There seem to be none advertised for sale down here other than the 2 I mentioned....

I am looking for a replament for my corsa gsi and despite the fact that the vts is the same as the 106 gti, quinn direct in all their brilliance wont insure the gti.

so the one i have found in the uk is working out a bit more expensive than i had planned because of the vrt on a 2001 car (was thinking older when i started looking)

according to the vrt the open market price for a 2001 vts is abot €8k, was just looking for some constuctive opinions.

and as you say camarobill, the nct is one of the few variables i cant account for, even if the aa do as full a check as they claim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

Why not go for a 106 Gti much better car in my opinion.
    Essentially the same engine and a lot better handling.

I know of a 01 106 Gti in mint cond for 9,000.

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

Sorry only seen your post above about quinn direct not insuring the 106.
    Did you try any other companies for qoutes, there are far more competitive qoutes to be gotten especially on a Vts/Gti,quinn direct are expensive for anything that is of the Gti variety.

Gary.

i am insured with them atm with my corsa gsi (109bhp) and they will transfer my insurance to the vts (120bhp?) at no extra charge but wont insure the gti, go figure.

but the quinn dont make much sence. They will let me put a bloody 2l into the gsi, but wont insure the friggin car the 2l was coming out of.

they will insure the vts (120bhp in a small car), but wont insure me on a volvo s40(125bhp in a large car).

i have given up trying to figure it out and have 4 months left on my insurance, cant afford to drive the gsi much longer cause the engine is not the best, so decided to go with the VTS for now.

Advertisement