Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best DS game to buy first?

Options
  • 11-03-2005 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Going into town to submit to my urge tomorrow even though I should be saving for a new car but what is the best one out there so far?

I'm thinking it's between wario ware, project rub and maybe the puzzle one I can't remember the name of that looks a bit like tetris but plays surprisingly well...

any ideas lads?.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

mario 64 without doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Linkdude

L5 wrote:
    mario 64 without doubt

It's currently the only real adventureous game out so far. Most games are on DS don't seem all that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mario is great been playing it since wednesday.

try out warioware aswell not addictive as tetris was on the GB but close

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I would have to recommend Wario Ware, I never imagined so much fun could come from such pointless little mini games. I suppose Mario 64 is also worth getting but I haven't played much of the ds version-though if it hold true to the original version then it's really something special.

Is the puzzle game your thinking of polarium? Looks good but I haven't tried it yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

got my ds today and woah am i impressed mario 64 ds is amazing best release game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

I got Wario Ware and Mario, would recommend them both.

Played Polarium today in college though, Syth from here has it, it's a great game to play multiplayer with and you only need one cartridge between two to play it. It's a puzzle game, a bit more thinking involved than anything in Wario Ware.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

That's it - Polarium, yeah....anyone adventurous enough/ had too much money to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

is mario really worth a look if you finished it on the n64 already,is there any new content added?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

50 new stars, redesigned levels and mini games. Never played the orignal though...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

dont really see whats so great about polarium,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Have you played it though? I thought it looked mediocre at best but it's incredibly addictive. I'm thinking of going in and picking it up tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

I bought polarium

Tis a nice brain tickler. Nice fun game for trying to top a score. You can make your own puzzles and send them to other people.

The real winner, is the single cartridge MP, myself and my GF were having great fun with it.

I wanted either this or mr.driller, cause I like casual puzzlers on handhelds, i'll prolly pick up driller too, but I am definitly happy with Polarium.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm really liking Polarium too. Again, looks basic but addictive as hell. I've a bus trip to Wexford tomorrow evening, my DS is gonna keep me company. I got WarioWare too today, it's great fun but it seems to be much easier than the GBA version.
    And due to a sweet combination of staff discount and reward card points I got the 2 games for a total of 45 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I have Wario Ware, Polarium and Mario 64. Played a bit of the wario ware demo, but haven't played the full version much as I've been playing Polarium. It's a fun puzzle game. As Kevok said, the multiplayer is fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Yeah, you can probably finish it all within an hour and a half... I'll try get high scores in some of the Album games though. The cut scenes were longer and crazier than the GBA one, and the music is great but the retro section wasn't as good at all IMO. Apparently the forthcoming GBA Wario Ware where you have to twist the GBA/DS is better though.

I got 999 (max) on one particular minigame yesterday :cool:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Got Super Mario 64 DS, and Warioware: Touched - thankfully the touch-screen seams more then just a gimmick, but it really depends on how it is used in the future.

Project Rub looks twisted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Rub/XX:XY is actully alot of fun. Like Wario ware but with some kind of a story and the games last longer then 5 sec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Having gotten WarioWare - I have to say its really really fun. Great sense of humor, great inventiveness. Maybe not for everyone but I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I got Wario Ware Touched yesterday.

And yes. It's pretty easy. You can finish it very quickly and with a huge amount of the games unlocked. There are only about 5 or 6 games overall that I have yet to play on it.

Some of the toys you get are pretty fun. Like the Grandmother and the Parrot. Oh.. and the thing for measuring your lung capacity.

Like the Grandmother.

She just tells me to get her some tea :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

She just tells me to get her some tea :confused:
    Yes. But the tea is too hot for Granny. Did you blow on the tea for her to cool it?

bleh... I can't get that Ashley song out of my head....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I can guess... Its one of the Mic games where you have to be quiet while the monsters walk across a tightrope. You can turn that game on, leave it for half an hour and come back - you'll have a highscore no problem :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,398 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That ashley song is in my head as well but not as much as the rock the mic song.

Wasn't he talking about SM64?

I would imagine the wanted one in that is easy enough to get 999 if you don't go insane first. Some other ones are possible too with enough effort

{EDIT} Blow on the tea,genious!I'll give that a go later. I was touching her, then I realised I WAS TOUCHING HER, so stopped playing that game, it scared me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

It was pretty simple, the one where you have to wave good bye to a person (or two aliens) by rubbing the touchscreen horizontally. I didn't lose any lives until I got to 999 but then the numbers stopped increasing so I let it end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

how much we looking at for bundle deals and stuff?

Advertisement