Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wtf is Error 500?

• 18-09-2000 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I had a problem with IIS crashing (inetinfo) after installing GHOST6.5

So I reckon it's because I run a really old version of IIS. I install the latest version and now no one can connect to the Server. They all get that error message or "incorrect Function". Anyone know why?

I'm uninstalling and reinstaling, but if anyone knows why this is happening, throw me a clue =)

Do my web pages need special HTTP headers now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

HTTP error 500... encountered that one today on an Apache server on Solaris - basically the server had somehow become misconfigured and wouldnt let us run any CGI's... a quick reboot got it doing what it was told again... I'm not entirely sure what it is, but I think it's to do with permission settings on executable files, or something along those lines... sorry I can't be more helpful- hope reinstalling sorts it out for you!

Bard
    _____
    -me-

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm pretty sure that 500's mean "You're not allowed do that"
    It's a permissions thing.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I don't think it's user permissions specifically, more apache's (or IIS') own mis-configuration and hence incapability at performing specific tasks (such as running executables/cgi's, etc.) - it can also happen when the server is just too busy to handle any further requests (especially requests that involve executing programs).

A (not very wonderful) explanation of the error is given by Webmonkey at http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/guides/glossary/errorsnumeric2.html - ... at least it's not your fault, eh?

--
    From the standard IIS error files: (usually: C:\WINNT\Help\common\500.htm)
    --
    HTTP Error 500
    500 Internal Server Error

The Web server is incapable of performing the request. Please try your request again later.

Please contact the Web server's administrator if this problem persists.

Bard
    _____
    -me-

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 19-09-2000).]

Advertisement