Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish nite in titanic

Options
  • 11-03-2005 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Guys this is driving me mad. The scene in Titanic where Rose is below deck and dancing to the music and spining around with jack - whats the name of that instrumental piece??!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

im not sure, but the same tune can be found at the end of "I can't help falling in love with you" by Lick the tins. (the song at the start and end of "the snapper"

the tune itself can be found on the CD "return to Titanic" linked below

http://www.soundtrack.net/soundtracks/database/?id=1546

the track i think you are referring to is listed here as "an Irish party in third class" but I know that this is not the real name of the tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

It's two pieces:

John Ryan's Polka and The Blarney Pilgrim

:)

Oh yeah, the group in the film was Gaelic Storm if your looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Chicky

Cheers guys i can rest easy in my bed tonight now i've found it !!!!

No problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Eoghan-psych

It's two pieces:

John Ryan's Polka and The Blarney Pilgrim

:)
    You will also find one of them in tune books as "A Kerry Hornpipe" or some variant thereof [the one with the very distinctive bodhran accompaniment, and a right *%*£$ to get the first bar of cleanly on a flute.]

Advertisement