Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 11-03-2005 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Okay, so I decided to eh, well blatantly copy Seeker...basically, being the only metalhead in Leitrim, I need a little bit of help, musicwise. Aye. My favourite bands include Children of Bodom, Warmen, Primus, Obituary, Death, Deicide, Opeth, Cannibal Corpse and all that jazz, so any recommendations of similar bands would be...well, helpful to say the very least! Thankee!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

All Saints! (it's great cause everybody assumes I'm a big filthy metalhead and I indulge them for a bit, then slap on Pure Shores or Never Ever...ooh the look on their faces...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Have you heard any of the following?

Cynic
    Athiest
    Arcturus <Read the thread!
    Cryptospy
    Decapitated
    Vader
    Immortal
    In Flames
    Behemoth
    Enslaved
    The Haunted
    Spiral Architect
    Evergrey

If not, I suggest them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funeral_forever

if you like children of bodom you would probably like norther, if you like Obituary, Death, Deicide, and Cannibal Corpse then try Suffocation, Morbid Angel, Visceral Bleeding, Malevolent Creation and also try Control Denied, If you like Death its just the same line up as the last Death album but Chuck doesnt sing, its more power metal style kinda. And check out Dissilusion, theyre kinda like Opeth with the epic songs n stuff, but are basicly a mix of death, thrash, black, power, melodic death metal. basicly every kind of metal, except nu metal n **** like that, really good band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

try some of these:

Dark Tranquillity
    Amon Amarth
    Vital Remains
    Suffocation
    Kataklysm
    Kreator
    Quo Vadis
    Myrkskog
    Bathory
    Dismember
    Decapitated
    Pessimist

theres a few in the cd player lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oh, I forget, you should definetly listen to the absolutely GODLY

MITHRAS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Deadnight

Well thankyou all very much! I must admit I was kinda half expectin someone to like recommend Cradle of Filth or something silly like that, but twas quite the opposite...tis much appreciated, thankee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

A little out there but try SunnO))), they are kind of experimental metal but very very good. They have a cd out at the moment called The Grimm Robe Demos which is a good starter for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭funeral_forever

AlcoholicA wrote:
    try some of these:

Dark Tranquillity
    Amon Amarth
    Vital Remains
    Suffocation
    Kataklysm
    Kreator
    Quo Vadis
    Myrkskog
    Bathory