Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Qotsa Album!

Options
  • 11-03-2005 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

OK well somehow i got a copy, not sure where it came from ;) anywho its very quiet. not what i expected tbh. it isnt the best on first listen. shall be giving it another go later. its very eXeeMing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

what's it called?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

lullabies to paralyze

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

i reckon josh wanted to make a fan's album, he was discontented by how close the last album brought them to the mainstream, and he wants to lighten the bandwagon but still hit home with the hardcore fans with this one. its certainly not an album that'll be made by 1 or 2 songs, you have to hear it through, kind of like their first album. back to basics qotsa- i like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Googe

I think it's great. The thing about Queens is that they progress with each album so this is bound to be a bit different then stuff they have done before. I would agree that its more back to basics robot rock though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

If its like thier first album then it can only be a good thing, that was thier best album tbh. Got sick of songs for the deaf very quickly, and kinda lost interest in qotsa after that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i think its very good, definitely a grower.in my head was strangely originaly on the desert sessions album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

cant find it ANYWHERE! their new song rox tho! I WANT IT!

its out friday i think anyway surely you can wait

you kiddin me??? im the most impatient person in the world.....

but it would be illegal.....

• Advertisement

hey, im gonna wait! i just dont like it!!!
    i wouldnt do that, hence the name (ANGEL) xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭PlasseyMinstrel

upmeath wrote:
    i reckon josh wanted to make a fan's album, he was discontented by how close the last album brought them to the mainstream, and he wants to lighten the bandwagon but still hit home with the hardcore fans with this one. its certainly not an album that'll be made by 1 or 2 songs, you have to hear it through, kind of like their first album. back to basics qotsa- i like it.
    What he said!

Its a grower alright. How nice of them to think of us, the humble fans, before money and fame :) Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

It's very, very good. Reminds me alot of the first two albums. Damn fine listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I'm gonna have to agree, it is extremely good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 wrp

dimerocks wrote:
    i think its very good, definitely a grower.in my head was strangely originaly on the desert sessions album

That isn't strange, lots of QOTSA songs were originally on Desert Sessions. Millionaire, Avon, Hangin' Tree, Monster in the Parasol....all from Desert Sessions.
    TBH, I think I prefer the DS version of In My Head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sam_Handwich

Everybody knows that your insane was good first time around, as was burn the witch. Little sister - wah! Ive had this for near a month. And im glad i do. I'll prolly go and buy the frickin thing for the artwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

It's not bad. I find it a bit boring though tbh and I don't like that solo at the end at all.

Creature wrote:
    I find it a bit boring though tbh

I bet you'd still be glad of it whenever you're bored though. You can get into a queens album anywhere, doing anything, its just universal music: funky, groovy, stoner, sober, merry, depressing, happy, heavy, mellow, ideal for headbangin or smoking to, all rolled into one (big spliff :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

The new Queens of the Stone Age bassist is called ....... Dan Druff! :D Nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

You can listen to it online from
    http://www.myspace.com/queensofthestoneage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 My Name IsJonas

was anyone able to get Lullabies To paralyze with the DVD?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

didn't see it anywhere so i just settled for the normal ed with 2 extra songs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

The new Queens of the Stone Age bassist is called ....... Dan Druff! :D Nuff said.

he isnt really new he has workked with them before i do believe.

yeah it's almost a given. queens of the stone age have as confused a history, music-wise, as some of dublin's ladies of the night have sexually. but it's very interesting drawing links between all the bands, from katzenjammer to kyuss to fu manchu and so on. so nick's replacement was almost certain to have sessioned with josh at one stage or another, be it at his desert generator parties with desert sessions or in a former band like kyuss or so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

upmeath wrote:
    yeah it's almost a given. queens of the stone age have as confused a history, music-wise, as some of dublin's ladies of the night have sexually. but it's very interesting drawing links between all the bands, from katzenjammer to kyuss to fu manchu and so on. so nick's replacement was almost certain to have sessioned with josh at one stage or another, be it at his desert generator parties with desert sessions or in a former band like kyuss or so on.

From what I know Dan Druff :D was the bass techie for QOTSA while Naturist Nick was still in the band but anyway there will never be another Nick Olivieri.

Out of pure interest is Dan Druff :D his real name? It cracks me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Its not a bad album, medication, little sister and i came alone are pretty good but you can really tell the bassist nick is gone. Songs for the deaf was their best album ever and i dont think theyll be able to come up with something like that without him.

weedhead wrote:
    Songs for the deaf was their best album ever

im sorry, i respect your opinion and all, but can you reassure me you've heard the first album, and if so why didnt you like that as much? it basically rapes "songs..."'s butt and leaves it in a ditch to die, it is the essential stoner rock album of the last 10 years, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

What he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 st_jimmy

The album does feel similar to the first. I heard that nick will be doing a couple of live shows with QOTSA. Love the song 'Everybody Knows That You Are Insane'

• Advertisement

that would be cool, but is that just a rumour or is there evidence? i have to say that slane 2003 was easily the best gig i was ever at. queens toured europe that summer and everywhere they went they played a different version of regular john. the slane crowd received a 10mins+ version with a screechy violin guitar battle between josh and troy over light bass and drums. for the chilis "fan" it was absolute bull**** and "get off the stage", but if you were there for queens you were there for this. twas savage. anyone else remember it? i just love the way they're spontaneous and out there but still hard rocking and hard working. bring on oxegen!!!

Advertisement