Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Qotsa Album!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

upmeath wrote:
    im sorry, i respect your opinion and all, but can you reassure me you've heard the first album, and if so why didnt you like that as much? it basically rapes "songs..."'s butt and leaves it in a ditch to die, it is the essential stoner rock album of the last 10 years, imo
    Ahh but shall they top Kyuss' stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 st_jimmy

That version of Regular John was the most unique thing I had ever heard. But what really blew me away was the sheer volume of millionaire at the beginning (compared to all the other bands). I seen 80% of the crowd walk away and I ran towards the band and went mental. Well I was there for them. Chillis bored the ass off me. It was like "shut the **** up! Its been two ****in hours!..I can't find my bus!"

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Cousin it

was anyone able to get Lullabies To paralyze with the DVD?

yep.

DVD is ok, nothin special. Video for Burn the witch. A "making of" each song in the recording studio. Couple of minutes devoted to each song, insightful and funny sometimes. Then this weird fake interview with josh where the woman interviewin him is a complete biatch to him askin all these mean questions etc. etc. kinda funny.

I think the album is one of the best in recent years. Some brilliant stand out songs ( about two thirds of the album) and the rest just interludes that link the album together nicely so you can listen to it all the way through as much as you want. Favourite song has to be the bonus track, "like a drug", great bluesy number, real relaxin :cool:

Yep, Like a Drug is a great song. I haven't heard the album version though. Is it much different to the Desert Sessions one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

new album is by far the worst qotsa album imo. ive had a lot of listens to it and i just think it isnt good and think it really misses somethin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Googe

Like A Drug is pretty much the same as D/S 6, Waltons. But it has a kickass guitar solo and some cool little touches.

The DVD was pretty good. Had the video for Someone's In The Wolf and a cool making the album bit. I didn't really get the interview thing though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

evad_lhorg wrote:
    new album is by far the worst qotsa album imo. ive had a lot of listens to it and i just think it isnt good and think it really misses somethin.

it wont be the best, but it's a grower. give it time. i couldnt stand little sister when i heard it first but ive succumbed to almost the whole album at this stage!
    they've definitely gigged burn the witch and there's someone in the wolf at some stage in ireland in the not so distant past, i know those songs from somewhere!
    €25 for the cd+dvd in hmv! and i couldnt believe it was number 1. just shows what word of mouth can do, because qotsa DO NOT get airplay, nor do they get advertised!
    my old man can source it for £10, but i wasnt gonna wait so i ran out and paid out, and it's been well worth.
    the bass intro to "burn the witch" is grrrrrrooooooooooovay!!! as good a bassist as nick was, that's a fairly nifty little bass line. i loves it i does!
    has anyone checked out the new qotsa website? its so weird its cool. you should see the pics of the band members, classic. and "we have someone's in the wolf for your viewing pleasure!"
    ah slane 2003. intense hard rocking mayhem. fock tha red hot willy lepers.

here's a little bit of useless trivia for everyone, i just noticed it there now.
    if you have rated r, pick it up, throw it in, listen to "tension head" (not to be confused with "the feelgood hit..." reprise!!!). you'll hear nick yelling "i feel so sick, on the bathroom floor" but towards the end of the song, josh comes in saying "lullabies... paralyze... lullabies..." in the background. cool huh? and that's way back in 2000.
    now, if you have songs for the deaf, with bonus track "mosquitoes", give it a twirl. what words end the first verse? "lullabies to paralyze"
    so ask yourself, will we one day have an album called "16278263789 where's your daddy gone?"
    oh btw the dvd kicks ass, i love josh's therapy session "qotsa, it's a crazy world out there" and billy gibbons. kickass!

QOTSA often reuse old ideas and songs, as well as Mondo Generator (Nick's band). Mondo Generator got their name from a Kyuss song, and the song 'Born to Hula' on 'Stone Age Complication' was previously release on a Kyuss / QOTSA cd.
    They use a lot of the Desert Sessions stuff as well, although that mightn't work so well from now on considering more people know about Desert Sessions now...

yeah but i like the way they toy with songs live, and even the way they toy around with covers (you're so vague, precious and grace)

• Advertisement
Advertisement