Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SK1 - 200 EUR

Options
  • 11-03-2005 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Here guys like your view on this , came across it today.

Siemens SK1 for 200 euro including shipping from Ebay Powerseller :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=56595&item=6376681091&rd=1

The only downside I can see is the bank transfer payment , however with only 1 negative shouldn't be a problem.

Am I missing something as the same phone is 334 excl delivery on expansys , should I be worried about the firmware etc,

P.S the site is in German so either get Firefox Plugin or use babelfish .

Any comments greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

The firmware is upgradeable and I would imagine that the german firmware also has english in it, but would check on the siemens site first if I were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

i'd hold fire for a week or two . o2 have discontinued the phone today due to software problems and its no longer an approved handset so cpw have stop selling it .

On the side even they think the phone is crap . However probably will be relaunched with different software later in the month or so at about 199 euro on pay monthly.

So it still could be good value?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Is that the Siemens that was similar to the Nokia6600?

If ti is, I remember a lot of people bitching that even tho it had Symbian60 OS, it hadn't as much support for games/apps etc.

But this was supposed to have been fixed in the following model.

I'm not sure if I've got the right phone, but I'm sure one of the lads here will correct me if I'm wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

Yeah your spot on it looks similar and runs on the symbian os system but it seems strange that o2 would pull it and not the nokia 6600.

In regards to software apps you should be ok because it comes with a usb cable and there are heaps of free games and software for symbian os .

It looks to me to be something with the phone and not the os systems as the nokia 6600 and 6260 i think and the siemens sl something are still on the market at the cpw and o2 .

It seems strange that the cpw would drop it aswell , can't even get it on simfree.

Do the ebay offer looks quite good as it comes in about half what you would pay here for the simfree version.

I d say the german firmware might be better as well do i dont think you can change the firmware from german to irish . English is defo on the german version so should be ok to run.

Seems quite strange???

Advertisement