Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimatums

• 11-03-2005 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭

So, has anything really been changed here at all? They were complete shíte in CM03/04 and it seems they still are.

In my first season at Arsenal, I won the league, reached the CL semis and was beaten Carling Cup finalist. This was done using the budget of 7m, which I figured I'd get a raise on in my second season.

Nope. Despite the team having 45m in the kitty largely thanks to me, they gave me 2.6m.... seriously, what the ****???? I demanded more, they sacked me. All the while, in real life Wenger is going to win nothing and get 30-40 million...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Only got ultimatums to ever work once, back in an older version of CM (cant remember which one). Apart from that, been in similar situations to you and just get grief/sacked.

Havent even tried them in fm05, just disillusioned with them i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I only ever issue an ultimatum if I want to be sacked..

Which I *usually* don't enjoy ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I've issued 3 ultimatums and I've got sacked all 3 times. Its a bit unrealistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I've always seen it as too risky to bother with. Asking for the sack. I think your only supposed to use it when your in a fergie type position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I remember a case of someone on these boards having won everything consistently for a few years, loads of manager points and he gave the board an ultimatum..

Sacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I've done it before, as a test, after winning everything consistently for seasons, and I was sacked. Of course it was a test so I just reloaded the game. No point doing it, you're just asking for trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Ciaran

I've done it without getting sacked, the board just said something like, "we'll ignore your outburst this time but don't do it again". Still didn't do me any good though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Ciaran wrote:
    I've done it without getting sacked, the board just said something like, "we'll ignore your outburst this time but don't do it again". Still didn't do me any good though!

I've had that twice before alright, typically because aul prima donna me wanted a larger stadium(colliseum) to flaunt my 11 Gods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭dor83

So, has anything really been changed here at all? They were complete shíte in CM03/04 and it seems they still are.

In my first season at Arsenal, I won the league, reached the CL semis and was beaten Carling Cup finalist. This was done using the budget of 7m, which I figured I'd get a raise on in my second season.

Nope. Despite the team having 45m in the kitty largely thanks to me, they gave me 2.6m.... seriously, what the ****???? I demanded more, they sacked me. All the while, in real life Wenger is going to win nothing and get 30-40 million...

Dont know about the ultimatums, but to fix the transfer funds problem the patch from the official cm5 website http://www.cm5patch.com should do it, it fixes a lot of things like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

We all play Football Manager, not CM5.
    FM == teh real CM!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I was sure there was a thread the other day about the board butting in but I cant find it, and seeing as this thread is about the board I'll stick this here. I started a new game with Chelsea. Roman sent me a message saying that he wanted me to make big name signings and that he had some people in mind ( didnt tell me who though).

Anyway I went about trying to sign a couple of defenders, as I reckoned thats what I needed. I had bids in for Rio, Puyol and Zambrotta, but 2 days before the transfer deadline I get informed that bids have been accepted for Ronaldo (£28m) and Ronaldinho (£53m) which wiped out my transfer funds. Bloody annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Just got a ultimatum to work there with FM 2005 :)

Arsenal 2014, i had a wage budget of 1.2M a week and asked it to be increased :eek: They agreed, but added they expected to see some quality signing in the future!

Its bloody annoying though when they dont give you money. I started a game as leeds, sold (or free transferred) most of the big wage players to bring the wage bill down, won the league cup and ran away with the championship (105 pts). When the board announces my transfer budget - a measly £800k, despite £9/10 million in the bank (PL money, cup money, promotion money, season tickets). They were delighted with me and yet still wouldnt give me money. So i issued an ultimatum and they sacked me. B******s! Bet they get relegated without me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Boro wrote:
    When the board announces my transfer budget - a measly £800k, despite £9/10 million in the bank (PL money, cup money, promotion money, season tickets).

After the Ridsdale/O' Leary fiasco and the club nearly going down the pan can you blame them !!???!

I can honestly say I have never given an ultimatum, and probably never will. I'm not a confrontational kinda guy.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    After the Ridsdale/O' Leary fiasco and the club nearly going down the pan can you blame them !!???!

I can honestly say I have never given an ultimatum, and probably never will. I'm not a confrontational kinda guy.
    Well considering the squad i had (threadbare), i had qualified for the uefa cup, back in the premiership at the first time of asking, you would think that they could have given me maybe 2-3 million? Thats all i wanted really, to pay signing on fees for players i was bringing in.

Anyway, they also sacked me after the one ultimatum despite the good work i had done for the club - thats was the main point of my post, and thats whats so unbelievable really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Magical Pete

Heh, as Hartlepool near the end of the first season (i'm a very slow player) issued an ultimatum to the board for more funds for wages. They sent a "terse" message giving me extra funds for wages, but expected a big name signing "very soon". Strangely, i got absolutely no additional funding for wages. I was only able to get enough funds to pay my wages when i sold three players for £40 million (thanks Chelsea)
    So instead of signing anyone important, they got Carl Fletcher instead. Lousy ****ers.

To everyone who got fired after issuing ultimatums.. would you not just save before doing it and reload after? It's half cheating.. but.. so what?

Advertisement