Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sellling Vodafone Shares

Options
  • 12-03-2005 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I thinking of selling my Vodafone shares that I have since they bought out the Eircom shares a number of years ago.

I logged in to Computershare in the UK and downloaded a two page form "application to sell" which allows you to sell the shares. They say that they will then send over a cheque to your address.

However they are looking for a share certificate. I suppose I have such a thing maybe if I search through all of my paperwork :eek: I might find it.....

I have the dividend sheets that come attached to the dividend cheques but I don't think they'll do ?

Has any one else sold any shares in this way ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I generally spell the company's name correctly: It's Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

who gives a **** what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 amf

fearrchair wrote:

However they are looking for a share certificate. I suppose I have such a thing maybe if I search through all of my paperwork :eek: I might find it.....

I have the dividend sheets that come attached to the dividend cheques but I don't think they'll do ?

Has any one else sold any shares in this way ?

We sold ours too last month and went through the same process. You need to find the bleeping "share certificate". It is basically a page that states your name and how many shares you bought. We received it when Eircom shares became Vodafone shares a while back. If you can not find it do not despair, they can retrieve it for you, but obviously it will not be hasslefree or free in any way :)
    When we thought we had lost ours they told us to pay about 30 Sterling Pounds or so for the certificate, plus I don't how much else for sending it over. Apart from that there were other painful processes (send documents back and forth) to complete until you finally receive it, so if I were you I'd start looking for the paper now...

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭fearrchair

I think I found it !

I came across an old letter from Computershare (Sept 2001).

So I think I'm all set to close off this chapter of Eircom history....once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jrd

Folks

Just wondering how long this process you took you once Computershare got the share certificate ? How long did it take for the sale to go through and the money to be back in your account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭fearrchair

jolly wrote:
    Folks

Just wondering how long this process you took you once Computershare got the share certificate ? How long did it take for the sale to go through and the money to be back in your account?

To be honest I haven't gone about it yet, got the Certificate and forms but haven't gotten around to sending it.

The previous poster AMF may be able to put a time on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

Does this company charge you anything for selling the shares for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

Are you lost? After hours is this way. :rolleyes:

Advertisement