Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Wireless Cap!

• 12-03-2005 1:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm on digiwebs bizwave 12 gig capped wireless product.

Got an email from them on the 10th saying that i had used 28 gigs so far so they were cutting me back to 64kb down and 32kb up (as opposed to 512/256).

Pretty annoying.

My first month with them is up on the 16th. They say on the email they review it on a weekly basis, so do people think I will be put back up on the 17th? Or how long do these things take?

Bit annoyed as the guy who did the fitting for us just said to ignore it cos they never do anything to enforce it. Ah well!

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Hi,

Im on the home wireless service and so have an 8 gig cap. I recently got the same email saying I was downloading too much and to cop on or they will limit my speed to 64/32. I have to say I was pretty pissed with them because they were so quick to point the fingure. Especially when they provide no way (unlike most ISPs) for the end user to check how much of the cap they have used.
    However they DID NOT limit my speed or alter my service in anyway. I'd say ignore it, if they bring it up again, play dumb and ask them how you can monitor your cap so you dont break the rules. That should shut em up!!

Oh run a speed test. I think they have one at pcpitstop.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Akula

their email specifically told me they had limited my service and it really does seem to have been cut to that.

they never told us about this policy and we never got a warning email like most people seem to have gotten either, which just makes me doubily annoyed.

I never got a warning eitheir. Id say ring em up (hopefully you'll get someone that speaks the language!) and tell them that you had no way of knowing you exceeded the cap (and that you won't do it again). I think it is a bit harsh of them, especially considering the amount of times their Waterford service has been out of action! You'd think they would be trying to keep the customers they have happy.

• Advertisement

im in cork, and their cork service has been out of commission at lot lately too. Quite annoying really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

sigh.... digiweb...... nuff said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

Also experiencing difficulties with Digiweb as of late.

On 1MB/256K package and download speeds are always good, but email downloading never gets above 14kb/s !! Needless to say i have emailed them three times over the last month or so and no replies to any :(

And Digiweb support used to be great ! Sigh !

i think im going to end up upgrading to that.

Hopefully they will move to get more competitive to match the others. Considering the dsl providers will be doing 2 megs for under 50 quid a month dying to see what they offer for the 96 a month they are charging for 1 meg at the moment.

4megs/512 uncapped would be nice :-P Or hell 4megs/1meg uncapped would be even better. Might as well try and keep that upload advantage.

Hey,

Looks like they upped the caps a bit. Home gone up to 12gig and Business to 20gig. Good news, but Im still just after receiving the same email saying they limited my speed. They still haven't. Oh well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

It's been on boards over and over about Digiwebs policies on downloading. Great marketing by them; put off most of your customers with your attitude towards d/loading. Gain a terrible reputation for throttling bandwith and blocking ports, then wind up your existing customers so that they leave.......... :confused:

just saw they ahve gone up. I am STILL capped at 64kb which is a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Thats what you get for going twice over the cap, be thankful you don't have to pay for it.

But when they tell you that "we don't enforce the caps anyway" its a bit more dodge than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

I have received those cap related mails also
    But I see there is no Change in there DSL limits. :(

Dec

Advertisement