Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Stupid f'ing questions

• 29-09-2000 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

Right here is what I want to do, I want to register more than one domain at once, I'm not sure exactly how many yet, but is it possible to get it for cheaper if I do it that way, and also, where is the cheapest to register a .ie.nu name.

Thats enough questions for now methinks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

.ie.nu sucks - get a real domain name. It's a mocky-a domain name, and you shouldn't be supporting the mocky-a companies that come up with that kind of tack.

On the subject of .com's, if you want to save money, and still have *control* over the doms, you have to buy a fair wedge of them.

You can get them at Namezero.com for nuthin', but you're tied to their service agreement, which sucks. You can also get them for a buck on staples.register.com at the moment, but you still end up paying $35 if you read the service agreement.

The bottom line is, you'll get them cheaper than NetSol's $35, but you'd better read the service agreements *carefully* first.

Me, I do .com's for £20 a pop, but I don't allow cybersquatters on my nameservers. The fact that someone wants to register a bust of 'em always sounds alarm bells in my head.

Be a standup guy - don't cybersquat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Well, if you have a genuine reason for not dotcomming, I guess that's up to you. Personally though, I wouldn't touch .ie.nu with a bargepole. But then I wouldn't go for irl.com or any of those others either. There's plenty of room left in dotcom if you're clever, and there's 7-10 new gTLD's coming on-stream in a few months. God knows how they'll deal with trademarks and the like though...

Which is another consideration of course - if the dotcom's have been taken, do you run the risk of being sued?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Well I do actually want them for genuine reasons, its just that I would like not only to have a main site, but each main topic on that site, will have its own site. Sort of like a portal which deals with a specific subject. The only problem with dot coms is that all the names I can think up are already taken, which is why I was considering .ie.nu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭OmiOmi

hmm
    why not just take .nu? cheap and not that bad... .ie.nu sounds a bit to strange biggrin.gif

I had a .nu but expired and they wont take my dinners card =(

Advertisement