Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Nintendo. Bad, bad Nintendo.

Options
  • 12-03-2005 2:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

Well according to pretty much everyone on the nintendo.co.uk boards, the Metroid demo that any of us who got the VIP DS pack a few weeks ago is not compatible with the demo that comes with the release day ones that people who waited got today. WTF?? :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

compatible for multiplayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Apparently not. Which sucks to an insane degree.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

that does suck . .
    but do not bad mouth nintendo pwease.

I'm just smangry right now. I hear this, the battery just ran out on my DS and my arm just cramped from playing too much Polarium.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

same work for psp, people importing these games now from lik-sang [if jap or american] will not be compatible for multiplayer when euro versions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Well according to pretty much everyone on the nintendo.co.uk boards, the Metroid demo that any of us who got the VIP DS pack a few weeks ago is not compatible with the demo that comes with the release day ones that people who waited got today. WTF?? :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:
    Any idea where the US Metroid demo fits in with the VIP/Euro one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I noticed this yesterday when trying to play with Kevok. I'm going to email Nintendo to complain. False advertising!

The scary thing: Does this mean the DS has some kind of region locking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Placebo wrote:
    same work for psp, people importing these games now from lik-sang [if jap or american] will not be compatible for multiplayer when euro versions.

thats if euro versions ever come out :rolleyes:

Syth wrote:
    I noticed this yesterday when trying to play with Kevok. I'm going to email Nintendo to complain. False advertising!

The scary thing: Does this mean the DS has some kind of region locking?

No it just means they produced a newer version of the demo for Europe by the sounds of it. Updated some of the code and broke multiplyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

It specifically said in the Article about the VIP DS that IT would NOT work as it was an unfinished version.

Like it was quoted and well posted about here, so its not like you didnt know you just forgot or had to do your hair or nails or somfin.

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    It specifically said in the Article about the VIP DS that IT would NOT work as it was an unfinished version.

Like it was quoted and well posted about here, so its not like you didnt know you just forgot or had to do your hair or nails or somfin.

kdjac
    It said it wouldn't work with the release version of Metroid Hunters, it didnt say anything about not working with other demo cards... My US demo says it wont work with the final one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

its not cause its a region lock, its because games are different, i was reading on ign how loading times on Lumines ? usa one from jap were incresed and the usa -multi - jap, just wouldnt be able to syn on the right time, and so it didnt work multiplayer.

although for ds, i thought you only needed one cratridge for meteroid'd demo and the other could download it ?

Placebo wrote:
    although for ds, i thought you only needed one cratridge for meteroid'd demo and the other could download it ?
    Not for metroid, they kept the demo pretty cheap id say so no extra memmory/content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

i got one of the VIP DSs.

Question I have is for people who bought their DS yesterday.

Is the Metroid Demo you got - a USA cartridge or EUR cartridge ?

same goes for SuperMario DS

The country code is written on the bottom right of the cartridge label.

Reason I ask - is all my games are USA except for WarioWare demo. Perhaps this is why the WIFI games ain't working right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just a quick question - rather than open up a new thread - i got a US DS there a couple of days back and just wondering can i use the wifi compatibilty if i use EUR cards? and also i have mario64DS US version does that mean i can only play wifi with US card gamers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Firstly Mario64 is single cartridge.
    Yes, US DS's can play EURO games normaly using the Wi-Fi

I think the problem stemmed from an updated demo. More occurances are needed before we can be sure.

On a side note, I don't like the EURO boxes! The Black USA and Asia ones are so much better! Guess thats what happens when ya need ot put a manual into 5 different languages.

Second side note, Anyone see any small plastic boxes to hold JUST the game? I have heard a bit about them, but seen them nowhere

Mario64 works fine between versions. Myself and rainbow kirby (with VIP mario64's) were able to play multiplayer with Kevok (who has a european mario64).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

thats true kirby fund it out today in work. you obviously got the US version of the demo and it doesnt work at all. we tried it earlier.

Mario is single card play anyway. My Metroid is the US version and has the code "NTR-AMFE-USA". So what do the VIP Metroid cards and the Euro ones say? Are the VIP ones just US cards and if so is it the US ones that dont work with the Euro ones?

If so thats very annoying..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

The VIP ones are from America and have the American code "NTR-AMFE-USA" on them

It seems that the VIP Pack metroid cart is indeed the US one and wont work with the Euro one, :mad:

• Advertisement

Anyone mailed Nintendo to give out yet? I'd be intresed to hear what they have to say. Odd that they didnt just use the same cards and stick diff sticker on em.

What happens when you try to play? They just dont see each other? I was relly lookin forward to a game of Metroid.. :(

Syth wrote:
    Mario64 works fine between versions. Myself and rainbow kirby (with VIP mario64's) were able to play multiplayer with Kevok (who has a european mario64).

Like I said, this proves nothing,as it is single cart. So your using the same code as it is being transferred

Rew wrote:
    What happens when you try to play? They just dont see each other?
    Yep. Nothing comes up on either DS. It's like there are no other DSs around.
    Like I said, this proves nothing,as it is single cart. So your using the same code as it is being transferred
    Ah but we know European DSs can play USA games over the wireless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Firstly Mario64 is single cartridge.
    Second side note, Anyone see any small plastic boxes to hold JUST the game? I have heard a bit about them, but seen them nowhere

They're on GAME's website in packs of 2 or 9 but I don't recall seeing them in GAME on Friday, although I was in a rush and didn't look around at all. If they don't have them now, maybe they will soon.

Offtopic, but does anyone know what the new Dundrum GAME store is like? Big, small? Bad like the old Grafton St. one that focused very much on mainstream stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Linku wrote:
    They're on GAME's website in packs of 2 or 9 but I don't recall seeing them in GAME on Friday, although I was in a rush and didn't look around at all. If they don't have them now, maybe they will soon

they have them in the shop in Cork anyway.

Syth wrote:
    Yep. Nothing comes up on either DS. It's like there are no other DSs around.

Ah but we know European DSs can play USA games over the wireless.
    It only proves that the download system is compatible which is to be expected (its a standard laid down by Nintendo). What remains to be seen is multicard multiplay between Euro andf US. For example my Ridge Racer US and the Euro one when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Cool thanks guys, i'll keep an eye out for them.

Any idea of price?

2.99 for the one that holds 2, and I can't remember how much the one that holds 9 is. I think it's about 11 or 12 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Here's a DS game holder you could pick up for under €2 in a washroom.

Advertisement