Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's official - VC is bent!

Options
2»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Food for thought but irrelevant all the same.

Offline you can introduce similar quantum arguments, the way you mucked your cards affecting the dealers wash, the order you tossed in the hands after a showdown or lest get really nuts, rubbing your nose or flicking your hair affecting the randomisation of the cards similarly to the chaos theories of butterflies wings being able to cause hurricanes in China. All future events are unpredictable yet based on prior events.... perhaps right back to the Big Bang? What does that mean for freedom and self determination?

Someone pass the bong while we collectively mull that one over :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 RexFerator

Amen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

I came across the bizarre incident on line of someone in a ring cash game getting AA four hands in a row folled by AK twice. It was the most amazing 6 hands in a row and as far as I can remember they held up every time. It was a long time ago through and everyone at the table was absolutely stunned including the lucky player receiving the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Dealing poker I see many wierd flops. This week I've displayed three 9's, three K's on the flop and AKQs. When I started dealing I was amazed at this but these days I merely raise an eyebrow and smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

NickyOD wrote:

The simple answer however, to the extraordinary level of bad bead syndrome associated with VC, PP and other sites is this. The majority of players there don't know what they are doing. You have the same chance of getting sucked out on at the low limit tables on VC as you have playing against a feces throwing monkey and that is a fact. They are a complete bunch of ****tards with "the any 2 cards can win* attitude which makes it extrenmely dificult and frustrating for the small number of knowledgable players on the site who play at the lower limits.

:(

Surely this is every good players dream, play against bad players the whole time???? In the long run you'll make serious money. FACT!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Surely this is every good players dream, play against bad players the whole time???? In the long run you'll make serious money. FACT!!

Unforunately not, particularly if like me you play predominantly limit holdem. I make more BBs per hour playing 3/6 and 5/10 than I do at lower stakes, and I'm lucky if I break even playing at 1/2. But even in a NL game playing against morons it just becomes a complete lottery. Playing against players who are somewhere between a faeces throwing monkey and an average player is much more profitable than playing on a table full of idiots. VC is the only place I know where you get 9 players at one table limping in to see flops on a regular basis. If you're a tournament or SnG player its worse again since you have no chiopce but to get involved in so many more coinflips.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

NickyOD wrote:
    Unforunately not, particularly if like me you play predominantly limit holdem. I make more BBs per hour playing 3/6 and 5/10 than I do at lower stakes, and I'm lucky if I break even playing at 1/2. But even in a NL game playing against morons it just becomes a complete lottery. Playing against players who are somewhere between a faeces throwing monkey and an average player is much more profitable than playing on a table full of idiots. VC is the only place I know where you get 9 players at one table limping in to see flops on a regular basis. If you're a tournament or SnG player its worse again since you have no chiopce but to get involved in so many more coinflips.

The reason you cant beat those limits is that you dont make the neccessary adjustments; its a myth that games full of idiots are unbeatable, what happens is a player who happens to win under certain conditions is faced with a different set of game conditions and fails to adjust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Took the words out of my mouth hector, while yes there may be more bad beats and outdraws but fact is muppets pay if you play them right.

Especially big stack muppets who are full of confidence after a streak of luck, nothing more satisfying than cleaning out their stack to teach them a good lesson in poker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

The reason you cant beat those limits is that you dont make the neccessary adjustments; its a myth that games full of idiots are unbeatable, what happens is a player who happens to win under certain conditions is faced with a different set of game conditions and fails to adjust.

Ok, reading over my post I look like an idiot now. I'll agree that low buy in NL ring games pay well. I know that from playing the $25 6 max tables on Party, but I'm a pretty accomplished online limit player and there's no way I'd make more BBs per hour at 1/2 than at 5/10 no matter how I played. For one, you lose your ability to steal pots and there's just too many players seeing flops. My ROI% in $20, $30 and $50 SnGs is much higher than in $5 and $10 SnGs, because you end up being forced into taking way more risks with your stack and getting involded in too many 60/40 or 50/50 situations. The middle limits are way easier to beat than low limits in my view.

Advertisement