Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serv-U FTP Server Setup in iolBB

Options
  • 12-03-2005 7:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

Well the problem is that whenever I try to connect to the FTP server I always end up connecting to the ZyXEL Modem and not Serv-U?!?

I see the 2 files in the modem :eek: ...but would prefer to see the contents of my Serv-U folder :o

Has someone else conquered this problem here and could possible give me some help.

Regards,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Have you set up port forwarding on the Zyxel? You need to forward port 21 to your PC (on which the server is running). You might also need to configure any software firewall that you've got running (or XP's own firewall if you're running XP SP2).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

Have you set up port forwarding on the Zyxel? You need to forward port 21 to your PC (on which the server is running). You might also need to configure any software firewall that you've got running (or XP's own firewall if you're running XP SP2).

Thanks for the help fatherdougalmag.
    I set the server up using Bulletproof FTP instead as i had problems giving downloaders a stable rate.

Thanks again for your help.

Advertisement