Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Freeware Download Manager

• 12-03-2005 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

What is a good freeware download manager would you recommend? I have used GetRight and GodZilla in the past. I like GetRight but is there a good open source or freeware alternative that you would stand by?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

NetLeech
    FireFTP - add on for firefox - doesn't do HTTP though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

At the moment I'm using Free Download Manager. Can't say it's great but it does the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭osmethod

I use these...

Download Accelerator Plus http://www.speedbit.com/
    Download Express http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/mpProducts_Downloads_Current.asp

osmethod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Download Accelerator is riddled with ads.

Try FreshDownload. There's a 'register me' thing at the bottom, but once you do the (free) registration, it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Download Accelerator is riddled with ads.

Try FreshDownload. There's a 'register me' thing at the bottom, but once you do the (free) registration, it goes.

Hmmm... FreshDownload... seems to be rather fresh. Ha Ha :o as it is very recently updated to v 7.24, release date: February 25, 2005
    Looking at http://www.freshdevices.com/

What do ye think netvampire or Godzilla? Last I tried.. some years ago I found it riddled with ads. FreshDownload seems good.

One thing good about GetRight v5 is that it seems able to handle certain restrictions, ie on Home of the Underdogs site you need to pass certain parameters into the download manager to ensure it picks up the file link correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭osmethod

I use the usual spyware tools to get rid of DAP's Ads....

osmethod

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I use Fresh Download. It does the job eventually but if you have an appalling connection like mine, downloads will just grind to a halt and you'll have to close the program lots of times and open it again for it to continue. :rolleyes:

Advertisement