Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Festivals

Options
  • 12-03-2005 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Apart from Furyfest what other big festivals are taking place over the summer??? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

umm oxegen and electric picnic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Static-SC

Whats electric picnic??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

the Hurricane

www.hurricane.de

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

The Carling in Leeds or Reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

download, rock am ring

thats if your willing to travel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Chalk wrote:
    the Hurricane

www.hurricane.de

Are you going to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

If you don't mind going to Denmark, there's Roskilde.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Favourite European festivals so far are the Primavera Sound Festival, Rock AM Ring/Rock IM Park Festivals, Download Festival, Graspop Metal Meeting, Fury Fest, and Rock Werchter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

cool i was thinking of going to werchter but after seeing the line-up for hurricane i was swayed by soad looks amazing tbh bar oasis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

Are you going to it?
    hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Day Of Darkness, @ Ballylinan, Co Laois, Ireland on Saturday July 9th 2005.

Confirmed so Far
    • Rotting Christ
    • Desaster
    • Mourning Beloveth
    • Celtic Legacy
    • Waylander
    • Primal Dawn
    • Devilmakesthree
    • Ground of Ruin
    Looks good so far :)

Tickets will be available in March when the full details are confirmed for this years Day of Darkness.

Tents can be pitched for just €5 and hot showers and wash facilities are free of charge.

A shuttle bus will run between the campsite and Day of Darkness, pending sufficient numbers.

Alternatively Day of Darkness is just a short taxi ride away.

This is the 4th year of Day of Darkness.

Chalk wrote:
    hopefully

Hopefully see you there then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

There's also the Holtsfred Festival in Sweden from the 16th - 18th June. It's also camping and has an excellent line-up.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=12281

P.S. Nine Inch Nails are also playing but are not included on this link.

Some new additions announced today - Arch Enemy, Kreator, Mastadon, Slipknot, Sick of it All, Helmet, Alter Bridge, Rose Tattoo & Papa Roach????!! Still should be at least 10 bands added!!!

FRIDAY 24 JUNE
    SYSTEM OF A DOWN, WITHIN TEMPTATION, PAPA ROACH, HELMET, ALTER BRIDGE, KREATOR, CHIMAIRA, NEVERMORE, CALIBAN, GRAVE DIGGER, ENSLAVED, METAL CHURCH, IMMOLATION

SATURDAY 25 JUNE
    SLIPKNOT, SLAYER, ACCEPT, IN FLAMES, SICK OF IT ALL, ROSE TATTOO, MASTODON, SOILWORK, AMON AMORTH, BEHEMOTH, SAMAEL, OCEANS OF SADNESS, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE

SUNDAY 26 JUNE
    IRON MAIDEN, DREAM THEATER, LACUNA COIL, DIO, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES, ARCH ENEMY, AXEL RUDI PELL, MURPHY'S LAW, H2O, PRIMAL FEAR, DARK TRANQUILLITY, NUCLEAR ASSAULT

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

Oral Slang wrote:
    Some new additions announced today - Arch Enemy, Kreator, Mastadon, Slipknot, Sick of it All, Helmet, Alter Bridge, Rose Tattoo & Papa Roach????!! Still should be at least 10 bands added!!!

FRIDAY 24 JUNE
    SYSTEM OF A DOWN, WITHIN TEMPTATION, PAPA ROACH, HELMET, ALTER BRIDGE, KREATOR, CHIMAIRA, NEVERMORE, CALIBAN, GRAVE DIGGER, ENSLAVED, METAL CHURCH, IMMOLATION

SATURDAY 25 JUNE
    SLIPKNOT, SLAYER, ACCEPT, IN FLAMES, SICK OF IT ALL, ROSE TATTOO, MASTODON, SOILWORK, AMON AMORTH, BEHEMOTH, SAMAEL, OCEANS OF SADNESS, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE

SUNDAY 26 JUNE
    IRON MAIDEN, DREAM THEATER, LACUNA COIL, DIO, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES, ARCH ENEMY, AXEL RUDI PELL, MURPHY'S LAW, H2O, PRIMAL FEAR, DARK TRANQUILLITY, NUCLEAR ASSAULT

which festival is this?

Sorry - its Graspop - I thought I had put it in as the title, but obviously not!!

Never heard of that... The lineup rules..

Yeah its a class line-up.. Its on in Dessel in Belgium & well worth going to.. Tickets are pricey, but flights & trains are cheap enough, as is beer & food.. Fury Fest looks great too, but think I'll stick with Graspop for this year.. Most bands are playing both anyway as its on the same weekend!

I think i will be heading for Graspop this summer.. Furyfest is great but this rules...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

Oral Slang wrote:
    Sorry - its Graspop - I thought I had put it in as the title, but obviously not!!

it sounds class, i'd be well up for it

It is great - really rocks..
    I've been 3 times & I can't wait for this year!
    There are about 10 of us going together & loads of others I know are going too.. Just over 3 months left!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Definitely heading over. Should be 5-6 of us in total. Only really heading over for Slayer, Maiden, Slipknot and the large contingent of Swedish bands...and possibly Chimaira....and Immolation....and the others :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

from www.bloodstock.uk.com, "SEBASTIAN BACH, CHILDREN OF BODOM, HAMMERFALL AND WITHIN TEMPTATION TO HEADLINE BLOODSTOCK FESTIVALS IN 2005".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 QueenAdreena

I really really really wanna go to rockwerchter, it looks brill! im mainly goin for rammstein but kraftwerk, new order, chemical bros, foos... altho if someone can find me a better fest with rammstein there ill go there instead!

Erm Hurricane (read up...)
    Rammstein, System of a Down, Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Audioslave, New Order, Flogging Molly....

www.hurricane.de

Advertisement