Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Finding Paint Colour Code

Options
  • 12-03-2005 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

I am trying to find out where I can find the colour code for my car. There is a minor scratch that I will patch myself but I am at a loss to know where to find the code. I thought it might be in and around the boot but its not. The scrath is on the 'inside' of the car door and I am hoping to buy one of spray cans but all the cans I've seen for my car (mk3 Golf) dont seem to match (lots of options, some close some not)
    Where should I be looking?!?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

is it not under the bonnet somewhere? If you go to a paint shop they'll usually have a list of codes themselves - try Vinny Byrnes off Dorset street if your in Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

most motor factors will match paints for you. Bring them in the petrol filler cover or the bonnet, and they'l mix you up an aerosol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

I was joking about the bonnet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

if the car has metalic finish don't use spray can .

There is nothing worst then matt paint over clear coat, just looks :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement