Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you give up Chocolates/Crisps/Sweets for Lent?

• 12-03-2005 2:58pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭

I'm presuming that people who frequent this forum would be fans of chocolate, crisps and sweets. Have you ever given up any of them for Lent? Were you successful?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Yah I did it a few years ago - didn't eat anything nice for the whole of Lent :eek: I didn't do it for religious reasons (coz I ain't exactly the mass-going type), I did it for me and to see if I could do it. I did, and I felt great. In fact, I didn't particularly like the taste of chocolate after it :eek: But I gradually got the taste back again, but it still doesn't taste as nice as it used to, weird :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Only another 2 weeks to go for anyone that did give up the chocolate.

I used do it as a kid, but then that was more my folks making me do so. I give up booze these times, but not cos of religion I do it for myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

I gave up all sugar for Lent (cakes, sweets, biscuits, chocolate, sugary cereal, sugary yoghurts, soft drinks etc.). Some days it's hard and some days I barely notice. Right now it's impossible because one of the lads in work was away last week and brought home ONE KILOGRAM of Milka Chocolate and a big box of Toffiffee. Guess where they're situated? Right above my desk! :eek:

The weird thing is I feel really good and I've stopped having cravings unless the sweets are right in my eyeline. I'd be tempted to stay off sugar but I know the minute I taste the triple-choc brownies the bf is cooking me (for Easter instead of an egg) I'll be right back on the raging-sugar-craving wagon!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement