Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland V France Latest

• 12-03-2005 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Ireland looking a bit shacky. 6-6 so far.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

9-6 Ireland Pen O gara.

France just scored a try. 11-9 to france

Fcuk baby just scored a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

Bloody french!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭anna20

not looking too good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Don't say I didn't warn you about looking too far ahead.

18-9 Ht

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Sacre Bleu!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Keep the faith.
    Ireland to dominate SH hopefully.
    They'll have to run it with that strong wind.

Not a hope!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

looking out-paced all the way.

hopefully they'll get the fingers out in the second half.

12-18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Why the hell is stringer trying to get through 5 french players... i mean he's small but the frenchies will see him coming. 12 - 18.... maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭ranDom_tAsk

not really in to rugby but holy jasus those french a quick

12-21

jaysus such fumbling!

hate to be a pessimist but i reckon we're screwed :(

yer, if we got that try it would be a different game.

And it turns out we just got the try.... and it IS a different game.

Try. C'mon Ireland. 19-21

Great try but is it to little to late.

• Advertisement

Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game over. 19-26

there goes the grand slam for another year :(

Irish were terrible never looked like a winnin team. O Gara kept it alive for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

feckin frogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Was I imagining it or did Stringer have what looked like clear sight of the ball but do nothing with it?

Mike.

well the grand slam may be gone but its not over yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

mike65 wrote:
    Was I imagining it or did Stringer have what looked like clear sight of the ball but do nothing with it?

Yes - totally agree - spent too long all day at the back of the ruck waiting and waiting.

The Championship and triple crown is still alive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

I couldn't believe it when he just stood there and the ref shouting at him to use it! Second time in the match the ref had to do that and Betsen just did what any flanker would have done, actually anyone else would have done. As much as I don't want to say it, France deserved this match and Ireland didn't, simple as that.

sound_wave wrote:
    As much as I don't want to say it, France deserved this match and Ireland didn't, simple as that.

Well said I totally agree - Ireland were poor - the back tried to force the game too much when they needed to keep their heads. The forwards in the second half looked good with pick and go (but were completely outplayed) and then the backs lose the ball. Thought Maggs was poor - didn't offer much. Stringer was not up to his usual standard. O'Gara did well.

Nobody seemed to take the lead for the team during the game.

What about the incident with O'Driscoll and Baby (wasn't it) Felt he was lucky to stay on. Well roll on Wales and an improved performance I hope.

Downtime wrote:
    Yes - totally agree - spent too long all day at the back of the ruck waiting and waiting.

The Championship and triple crown is still alive.

Cost us the last try that did. If he had of played the ball we could have cleared our lines... instead of conceeding.

ireland have only played one good half match in this championship (2nd half in murrayfield) and we just got lucky in our other matches. unfortunately our luck ran out. wales will trash us next week if we dont pull our socks up. all thats left to say is COME ON ITALY, oh and scotland too. demoralise the welsh and leave the whole thing open for next saturday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Damn it.
    Thought O'Driscolls try would win it for us.
    Damn, damn, damn.
    Triple crown in Wales, spoil their party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

sorry but at the moment it feels like

the cheese eating surending monkies won

FORZA ITALIA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

To say im gutted is an understatement,it really is.
    But on the flipside i think we needed this defeat................................hold on i shall explain.

Ok the pack were shown up in the first half in the second they really preformed. Easterby doesn't deserve to be there. I'd pick Quinlan/Wallace/Jennings/Gleeson there for sure,all are ball carriers and game breakers. Foley looked poor,i don't know why,but Miller is what the pack needs he isnt just a rugby player he is a born athlete which is what we need. JOC was outstanding today so please take a bow JOC,played the best iv ever seen him play. Front row,Reggie and Byrne need to be replaced ;very poor games by them. POC and Big Mal were quiet today?

Backline - Darcy is missed, its very obvious but i thought besides BOC and Strings they were all just par. ROG goosed a few moves and Maggs did the basics but nothing good.Murphy had a terrible game along with Dempsey and Hickie.Duffy could be the next great thing - try him

I always felt BOD would just flick a switch and be gone for the try but i reckon with D'arcy there it would have made the difference as well.

On another note Gaffney was there and looked gutted for Irelands lost "hats off for the enthuasiasm" ,EOS had a brave face on and i don't think he is finished by a damn long shot...........................................

We aint done yet ..............................Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DubGuy22 wrote:
    Gutted. Absolutely gutted.

Right there with ya DubGuy - where's the pub - need to drown some sorrows

Baby to be sited, that was disgraceful!

not the only disgrace of the match, our lineout in the first half would've been beaten by a troupe of midgets. Our scrum was pushed around like a lawnmower and we were amazingly lucky not to have conceded 3 other tries in the first half.

We play like that against Wales next week and even sun-bedded Henson will be plae with shock, they'll roll all over us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Baby to be sited, that was disgraceful!

Watch out JOC he elbowed the French prop real proper. The guy must weigh 18 stone and was left on his ass after it.

• Advertisement

Second half was a different story alright, Johnny O'Connor the one player who can hold his head up and say he played as well as he could, once we got the try we stepped up a notch, if belief is all this team needs to play rugby like that we need Mystic Meg in the backroom staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,562 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Stringer is hopelessly out of his depth in international rugby.
    The little twerp tried to worm his way through up to 4 French Forwards a few times.
    Obviously he doesnt understand the laws of physics.
    11 stone v 65 stone = massacre
    Overall Ireland are not good enough to win a Grand Slam.
    Whenever they are favourites they struggle.

thats the problem with labels... i thought JOC had a bad game. and foley and easterby. the forwards werent in it. hayes was uninspiring, byrne had bad lineouts, corrigan was just crap. POC was very quiet, not like him.

we just let the nerves get the better of us (again) and it cost us the slam, but chin up, we'll wear the crown home next weekend.

It wasn't nerves that lost us the game, it was the lack of posession and some poor play.

I saw the JOC elbow and it was indeed a humdinger of a one, I don't think Baby will be cited, the incident wasn't that bad, sure didn't BOD jump straight up and start dealing out puches.

He was warned by the ref and the touch judge only words were to "give him a serious warning". Bit of handbags really.

we had no passion either, it took a moment of magic by O'Driscoll to ignite the team, we had just been going through the motions, arriving slow at rucks, hitting passes at half speed, it was as if we were fed up and didn't want to play, there was no belief and no urgency, then we had 6/7 minutes of frantic play, if we had of played close to that tempo we would've walked all over the french, but it was only there for those few minutes.

Yeah if we had played at the tempo that the French played, hitting the gain line at speed instead of going through the motions, we would have given the French a run for their money. On that topic, I just love watching the French run the ball, the first try is a great example, and the first half against Wales. That is how backs are supposed to play.

What will be the result of a citing?

he could get a ban

Advertisement