Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick and simple question

Options
  • 12-03-2005 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

How do i get a cheque book? i think i need one.. do i just go and ask for one or are there requirements like applying for a credit card?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

As far as I recall I needed ID and proof of address, that was it.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

thanks, do you know if i'll have to wait for one or will they give it to me straight away?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

They post it out for security reasons. Only took a day or two to arrive :) You might need to specify whether you'll want a cheque guarantee card (to pay by cheque in shops) or not (sending cheques by post).

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Also, the bank may have to decide on whether to give you one or not. Depending on your bank and your account status, it might be decided on the spot or might have to be referred on to a senior staff member.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

D!ve^Bomb! wrote:
    How do i get a cheque book? i think i need one.. do i just go and ask for one or are there requirements like applying for a credit card?

Thanks

If you've got a lazer card their should be no problem just ring them up and ask for one,

• Advertisement
Advertisement