Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Koenigsegg sets new high speed record

Options
  • 12-03-2005 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

Seems they have officially broken the record by going 388kph :D now thats fast.
    Koenigsegg web site
    more eye candy

Jozi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

beats the mcclaren F1 by what 1mph?

I don't think the porsche 9ff [basically a Gt2 with boeing 747 turbines and 800bhp) was too far off that time on a recent nardo test run, and are gearing up for a 250mph blast soon, so it could be short lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

It's not all about top speed, nearly everyone has benn in a plane, and speed in a straight line isn't that exciting, now going around back roads in Donegal in a Sonata at 80mph, that was exciting. It's all about handling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

528i wrote:

I don't think the porsche 9ff [basically a Gt2 with boeing 747 turbines and 800bhp) was too far off that time on a recent nardo test run, and are gearing up for a 250mph blast soon, so it could be short lived.
    I you read the article they say 15 so i dont know?

Whats a sonata? I know its a computer case but i doubt your driving that

jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

528i wrote:

The Koenigsegg set the production car land speed record....somehow I can't see Porsche mass producing a car with twin turbine engines!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

A sonata is a hyundai unless Im mistaken

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

yep, and i wouldnt really fancy rallying around donegal, or anywhere for that matter, in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Yup, a Hyundai Sonata, it was pitch black outside. My dad is a crazy driver, he has unbelievable car control, and it was him driving, but, that was alot more fun than when I was a passenger in a Ferrari doing 140 on the Autobahn, the corners make it exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I was thinking something more exotic :D

Advertisement