Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lions

• 12-03-2005 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

after the teams performance today, will any irish guys make the lions?
    drico's in, thats a given, and possibly POC. but if i was sir clive and that was the first match i'd seen i'd be looking at the french lads family trees and making sure that their 3rd cousin twice removed on their brother in laws side of the family was either irish welsh or scottish.
    i wouldnt inflict being english on anyone, even the frogs. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

daveirl wrote:

Thomas from Wales first choice and Murphy and Robinson on the bench or in the wings. Also Paterson from Scotland. [url="http://///"]\\\[/url]

As said bt Dav far too early to call ther real problem is hooker Davies,Bulloch,Bryne i think not ........................ bring on Frankie Shehan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Nukem wrote:
    As said bt Dav far too early to call ther real problem is hooker Davies,Bulloch,Bryne i think not ........................ bring on Frankie Shehan!

Sorry, but IMHO Sheahan on a good day is still little more than a place filler - even at club level he does not stand out.

Anyway - Drico has to be in, but do you reckon POC is also in the running for Captain? This probably belongs in the Ireland v France thread, but I am wondering if CW may be questioning BODs decision making after the game?

edited
    looking at the stats of the game, we only lost 3 lineouts out of 16, and from what I could tell it was because the French were all over our jumpers. I know there were some wayward throws (it was quite windy remember) I don't think Byrnes throwing was terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Hydroquinone

Woodward must be enormously cheesed off that Wilkinson got injured this weekend. Say what you might about English rugby; if he was fit, there'd be no one in the world you'd rather have in his position on your team.
    If Woodward puts that silver booted nonce Henson in, before RO'G, I might have to have a fit. Stephen Jones has played well too, so our lads up against it.
    Will there be any Scottish Lions, I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Peele @ scrumhalf could be a good bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭Crash

eoin_s wrote:
    Peele @ scrumhalf could be a good bet
    Peele is the only real option at the moment IMO, Cusiter hasnt been up to his full potential as of late and stringers not gonna make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

eoin_s wrote:
    edited
    looking at the stats of the game, we only lost 3 lineouts out of 16, and from what I could tell it was because the French were all over our jumpers. I know there were some wayward throws (it was quite windy remember) I don't think Byrnes throwing was terrible.
    To be fair our lineouts weren't great because the French left us with few options. With the way they were mauling we couldn't really afford to have our jumpers doing a lot. They seemed to be restricting themselves to short lineouts allowing themselves to set up and drive the French back. Byrne had a few dodgy throws, but it wasn't all his fault. THey had to work with what they had and as such were automatically restricted.

I'd like to see Peele at scrum half.

I'd hate to see O'Driscoll as captain, I don't think he's a good leader and I don't think he'd have the same presence as someone like Paul O'Connell.

*shrug*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

crash_000 wrote:
    Peele is the only real option at the moment IMO, Cusiter hasnt been up to his full potential as of late and stringers not gonna make it.

ditto...i agree. Peele has been the best s/h by miles this championship....i really thought cusiter would give him a run for his money

... but i suppose playing behind that scottish pack and passing to that backline would make it hard for anyone to shine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

daveirl wrote:

kevin morgan i think

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I don't understand the interest in the Lions. It's just a cobbled together squad that's invariably less than the sum of its parts. I reckon the Welsh team alone would perform better than the Lions, having played together at least a few times and having some kind of identity to play for. I mean, what's the difference between playing for the Lions and playing for the Barbarians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

meh, its just an excuse to watch more rugby :D

yeay, rugby.....

Advertisement